4. Taeda

Jax

He watched Alixe sitting on the dark green sofa next to Warden. She just sat there, saying nothing, with no expression on her face whatsoever. More than two hours had passed since they discovered she's a Vhyterian. Jax wondered to which tribe she belonged, maybe she was like him, a Zelix.

Warden was silent like Alixe and looked like he was thinking about something.

Iviq and Yelena had left soon after the discovery of Alixe 'not being a treat', they had returned to their own duty's whatever they might be. Toruq never checked on them once, probably because of his dislike of Warden and him, but Yelena had kindly said that if they needed anything for the trip back home, they should just ask. Warden had thanked her for everything and went into this thinking state when she had left.

"Maybe we should move? Ask Yelena if they have some food to spare and then go." Jax said trying to get Wardens Attention. Warden looked up and had a strange look in his eyes, like he just came to realize something.

"Yes, there are some things we need to figure out back home" Warden said turning his head to look at Alixe. "Are you up for a trip Alixe?" Warden asked with caution.

Alixe looked at Warden and nodded. She just nodded, he couldn't imagine what was going through her head but it he could see she was having a hard time dealing with it.

He remembered when Warden took him in. The first days were the hardest, being away from his mother, missing her and hating her at the same time. She just gave him up to go back to the tribe she came from, The Alym. She had told him that knowledge was the most important part of her life and that she had to go back to feel 'whole' again. Smart and wise people belong to the Alym, but it wasn't that smart or wise of his mother to have an affair with a guy from 'The Vedo'. Jax had never known his father, or there was the possibility that his mother had taken every memory he had of him. 'The Alym' can do that, take away people's memories, he wouldn't find it odd if his mother had done that to him too.

"Jax, can you go check on the wolves? I'll get us some food and maybe some extra clothes for Alixe and then we'll leave." Warden said.

Jax looked at Alixe, her dark ash-brown hair hung messy and loose around her face. She looked like a mess, but nobody could blame her for that after what she had been through.

"Can I thank Yelena before we go?" Alixe asked, her eyes distant.

She probably didn't hear Warden saying 'wolves'. Jax knew that people on earth don't travel on wolves or even have that deep bond with animals like Jax had with his wolf, Scar.

"Ofcourse, and maybe you'd like to wash up before we go?" Warden asked.

Jax always wondered where Wardens 'people skills' had come from, he could be the kindest and most patient man in hard situations like these, he thought.

"Yeah thats fine" Alixe replied, her eyes still distant.

She was probably thinking about what it all meant that she was from here, her parents had lied to her, and then there was the fact that she was here in Vhytera now, a world that was nothing like earth in many ways. He had been in shock for at least a day when his mother took him to 'The Zelix' and practically told him that her tribe was more important than that he was. It still stung a little when he thought about it now.

"You can come with me, I was just about to ask Yelena for some food for the trip" Warden said looking at Alixe.

She stood up and looked at Warden and said "Lead the way".

---------------

Alixe

Alixe walked alongside Warden through the big gardens outside the temple, she saw flowers and plants she had never seen before. The flowers had extraordinary colors like cobalt blue and violet, most plants were green much like the plants on earth but some had, like the flowers, bright and exquisite colors. It was absolutely beautiful, she thought. In all the chaos that was going through her head she just let herself admire the beautiful garden for a moment and wander off from the questions she wanted to ask Warden.