2. Landed

Alixe woke to the sound of people talking. Her head was pounding. She felt the warmth of the sun on her skin, so she kept her eyes closed. As a precaution for more pain to come if she opened them and to pretend that she was still sleeping.

She had no idea where she was, she fell, but how? Where?

Slowly, it started to come back to her, the poachers, the cabinet underneath the stairs, the panic when she couldn't get the door open and then the fall.

It had felt like she fell through minus 20 degrees, she remembered the cold almost made her faint, she kept falling to the ground faster and faster and then suddenly she slowed down a bit, but hit the ground hard. After that everything went black, she must have hit her head so hard that she got knocked out.

'We need to get her to a healer' said a low male voice.

"We're too far of camp we'll never reach one of our healers in time" replied a younger sounding male.

"I'm not talking about one of our own, we can make it to The Taeda if we hurry"  the low voice said.

"They'll never help us Warden, it's a waste of time" the younger male replied.

"Nope you listen to me, we're doing this. Grab her arms, I'll grab her legs" the man named Warden said.

Alixes eyes flew open. "Wow ! No! Nobody is taking my arms or legs !" she said.

The men stood over her, one of them looked older, mid-fifties maybe, and he had grey hair with darker strands here and there, but still very strong looking. The other male was a young man, with messy dark blonde hair, brown eyes and a tanned skin.

She tried to sit up, but when she did pain shot through her left arm and side. When she looked down she saw that most part of her left side was covered in blood.

"Well she's not in a coma" the younger male said.

Alixe shot him a glare.

"Obviously" Warden replied.

"We don't know what happened to you girl, but your wounds keeps bleeding and if you don't let us help, you're going to bleed out. If you let us help you'll be fine, oke?" Warden Asked.

Her head was pounding and her whole left side was aching with pain, and where the hell was she? All she could see was blue sky from her position laying on the ground, but she could feel she was laying on some sort of grass. They seemed to have good intentions and she was starting to get dizzy, which meant she probably didn't have a lot of time before she would pass out.

"Fine"  she replied. But where am I ?

"You don't know where you are?" Warden asked

"We're near the Taedaran forest." The young man answered.

Panic started to rise inside her head and realization started to kick in. She never heard of a forest called Taedaran, there was no grass near the industrial building, and she had not seen humans this well fed and trained since 'The Reduce'.

"No", she breathed, "seriously where am I?"

Black spots started to cloud her vision, slowly the men disappeared and everything went to black, again.

The last thing she heard was one of the men saying

"We need to go, now."

~

Jax

She had looked ordinary when they found her, bleeding on the ground, until she opened her eyes. Those extraordinary golden eyes.