11: Little White Lies

A/N: third update in a week! Do you guys feel the love? Well...tbh it's this chika's 18th birthday so my gift to y'all is this update ;)

tbh it's this chika's 18th birthday so my gift to y'all is this update ;)

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this chapter. This chapter marks the middle this novel. Are you ready for other half of the story? Because I ensure you, it's quite dramatic...

HAPPY READING!

The lone certainty that I was going to see my son today after going almost forty-eight hours without him was enough to make my emotions turn; make me giddy to get London

All thoughts about not waking up next to Bruce disappeared when I entered the kitchen, showered and fresh with exhilaration.

"Someone looks ready for the day," Bruce commented, smilingly as he laid out our plates on the kitchen counter.

"I am! I can't wait to see my boy," I sang excitedly, jumping onto the stool and giving him a wide grin.

"It's only been a day," Bruce pointed out with a gentle smile, "Looks like Mama is possessive."

"It's been forty hours since I've seen him. That's more than a day. And I am not possessive! I just prefer my son next to me," I defended, my grin never faltering because for some reason I truly couldn't bring myself not to smile. "It's going to be a fantastic day! I was thinking of maybe stopping by at Regina's Care Centre in London to visit Elisabeth who is an old friend of mine. She's Riley's godmother, have I told you that? I try to see her at least once a month and at Christmas. She's an absolutely wonderful woman. The situation she's stuck in through is miserable and breaks my heart... Bruce, are you okay? Did I say something wrong?"

Bruce's smile had disappeared somewhere along my ramble and I couldn't pinpoint exactly where but it concerned me to see his caramel skin lighter, pale almost. He shook his head, a smile easily replacing the frown on his lips but the distraught expression was still evident on his face. "I'm fine. It's nothing," he said but the lack of sincerity behind his words convinced me otherwise.