Epilogue: Unconditionally

A/N: Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the grande finale! The postlude will follow this update in a few hours.

/ dedicated to Wattpad who has given me the opportunity to share my stories with the rest of the world. This platform for reading and writing is absolutely fantastic! /

Enjoy the epilogue and happy reading! :) xo

"RILEY!"

To say that I was in a bad mood may have been an understatement. I had woken up Riley twice this morning and here he was, still lying on his bed refusing to get up for school, not to mention that it was a Monday morning on top of that and my stupid child just had to go to bed late because he was video-gaming online with Noah.

Teenagers, I thought shaking my head as I carried the jug of water that I held in my hand over to his bed.

"Riley," I called out warningly. "If you don't wake up right this second I swear I am going to dump you with water."

"Mhm," he groaned in reply, shifting on the bed so that he could get more comfortable.

"I warned you," I said before I tipped over the jug and the water fell down from the mouth of the jug to my son's head like a miniature waterfall.

Riley jumped up, spluttering and gasping as he tried to get rid of the water that made his hair stick to his forehead. He had grown out of his shaggy-hair phase and now maintained short hair which admittedly looked better on him since he'd begun losing his baby fat.

"What the hell, Mum?" Riley exploded, looking at me in his drenched form.

"This is the last time I'm telling you to get up and if you ever dare play online with Uncle Noah or any of your friends when you have school the next day I will ground you," I said firmly.

"Mum," he groaned, swinging his legs over the bed. "Why are you such a drama queen?"

"You're the drama queen, honey. You're not focusing on school anymore and if I see your grades slip further, the consequences will not be pretty."

"What? My grades are not slipping, Mum." Riley said staring up at me inquisitively.

"I know. I just always wanted to say that to my child."

Riley stared at me like I had grown two heads and I grinned victoriously, before I grabbed him by the white vest he wore to bed and hauled him to his feet. "Wide awake now, aren't you?" I smiled at him with an eyebrow raised.

He chuckled at my actions before he rolled his eyes and made his way to the door of his room. "I am right, you are a drama queen. And one hell of strange mother."