7: Seal The Deal

A/N: Welcome to the 7th chapter! How do you think the story is coming along? Don't hesitate to drop your thoughts in the comment section. I'd love to hear what you think of the chapter and the characters. 

| dedicated to TahliePurvis for being one hell of a brilliant author | 

HAPPY READING!

It was definitely an unusual day

It was definitely an unusual day. For one it was Monday and I was in no rush, I was smiling and I did not in the least feel grumpy, agitated or moody.

Grabbing my bag and swinging it over my shoulder I left my room to find Riley and Finn eating pancakes in the kitchen.

"Fancy," I sang, taking a sniff of the aroma that filled up the kitchen. "You cooked breakfast."

"Of course I did. You can't be living off cereal every morning and Riley wanted pancakes. He actually begged for them—"

"He's lying, Mum!" Riley exclaimed, shooting me an innocent look before glaring at his father. "I'm okay with cereal."

I tried my best to ignore the small jolt inside my body. I had always loved how Riley, at such a tender young age, knew how financially unstable I was and was always considerate before asking everything. He had never complained but it still hurt to know that he yearned for things that I couldn't yet provide him.

"Are you?" I asked, plopping down on the stool and laying my bag on the kitchen counter, "because I'm not and I'm craving pancakes!"

Grinning, Riley turned to his plate and dug back into his stack of pancakes that was layered with cream and strawberries which I was sure Finn had bought because those ingredients weren't in the fridge. Looking at Finn, I smiled and mouthed, 'Thank You.'

He nodded and turned back to the stove. After having a rather jovial breakfast—in the sense that it was Monday and yet I wasn't feeling like smashing anything that was in my hand against a hard surface—I grabbed my bag and turned to Riley. "Come on, baby, get your stuff and get in the car. We'll have to skip out on the Golden Quaff today otherwise Mummy will be late," I said.

"Oh, that's okay," Finn said, "I'll take him to school today. I wanted to talk to his teachers before I go back to London."

I looked up and found Finn's eyes already trained on me, his eyes showing that he meant everything that transpired between us and that last night truly wasn't a dream. I smiled softly at him, my heart feeling lighter with the fact that Finn wasn't about broken promises this time.

"Okay," I said, grabbing my keys off the counter and looping them around my index finger. "I think I might go see someone before class then."

"What?" Riley exclaimed, looking between his father and I. "Is there something I'm missing? It's Monday and you're not moody, Mum. And then Dad says he can take me to school and you don't even blow your top off—you didn't even give him a set of instructions or lecture him or—"