1: The Coffee Incident

A/N: I AM SO PUMPED TO POST THE FIRST CHAPTER! First chapters have always been difficult for me to write so I do hope you enjoy it! Comments would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your reactions. I just posted this and it's already ranking. You lovelies are fabulous!

Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter and drop your thoughts in the comment section. ENJOY! 

There was a reason why the majority of the world population despised Mondays.

Monday; or otherwise widely known as the day the week of torture commenced or the day when we have to get up from bed early, or even the day when we have to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to complete homework or assignments.

"Are you going to talk to your friend all day or get my coffee already?" I snapped, agitated by the new barista who I was seeing for the very first time.

He jumped away from the girl who he was standing dangerously close to behind the counter, startled by my loud and annoyed voice. The girl looked away, embarrassed, and turned to her counter as she returned back to her own customer. "Sorry Ma'am," he apologised, his eyes wide open and his mouth hanging slightly open as a faint red tainted his cheeks.

A laugh threatened to spill out of my lips but I held it in as I kept my glare on him. "Make it fast! I've been standing here for about half an hour," I exaggerated dramatically, puffing my chest out like an unsatisfied customer.

"Really, Mads," came a voice from the other side of the counter. "You're going to drive all my employees away."

I smiled widely before my gaze met that of Noah's, the café owner. He was a lean man who loved to wear baseball caps, plain checked shirts and jeans that were either dark blue or black. He had blonde hair and these piercing but gorgeous green eyes.

"What can I say, Noah," I beamed with a playful smile on my lips, "your employees really know how to tick me off." With this comment I sent the innocent boy a pointed look and tried my best to hold in my laugh when I saw the red tint on his cheeks deepening.

"Don't mind Madilyn," he told the boy whose name was Jake—I had to squint to see his name on his tag that was clipped on the breast pocket of his orange work t-shirt. "She's likes testing my employees out. Pass her test and you might be looking at a bonus."

The boy took Noah's joke quite literally and his pink face paled at his boss' words. He silently went on making the coffee before pouring it in a to-go cup and handing it to me, wide-eyed and stiff.

I smiled at the boy as I took my coffee. "That's my cappuccino, right?"

"What?" the boy exclaimed, his voice high pitched and frantic with panic. "You didn't say anything about a cappuccino."