It's was near the end of November which meant winter was just around the corner and the weather had become a lot colder in the recent days. Living on an area higher up and closer to the Appalachian mountains and not to mention being surrounded by a few of her own small mountains the weather at the Jauregui's was a bit more chillier than it was in the city. The ground was beginning to freeze over at night and usually by 9 in the morning it was back to normal, that was a sign that they would be getting their first snowfall pretty soon. So the mornings were starting to look grayer each passing day which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, since their kitchen had a huge glass window  instead of a wall and it gave them a grand view of their land and it made for a beautiful background to watch your wife and kids stands in front of with huge smiles on their faces.

"Mama! Come look we're making red pancakes!" Caspian said excitedly once he noticed his mom standing by the framed entrance watching them. It  also caused Cameron to look up at her and give her a big smile, Camila however didn't flinch and remained focus on flipping the red pancakes.

"Yeah! Mommy said I can make green pancakes too!" Cameron added. Sometimes boring old pancakes just didn't cut it. "What color do you want yours to be?" He asked her, holding out the many food coloring bottles of dye at her.

"Mmm...I don't know...what color do you think would look the best?" She asked him, he seemed to put a lot of thought into it, finally handing her the black bottle of dye. "Black pancakes, that's definitely new. I like it, good choice bud." She said, adding to the mess that was his bed head by tousling his hair.

"Black pancakes?" Caspian asked to no one in particular mainly talking to himself. "Awesome!" He shouted, deciding they in fact were an awesome idea.

That was kind of how the rest of the morning went, the boys did most of the talking. It wasn't that they didn't know their moms were fighting because it was obvious they were. They just chose to ignore it, because in a way they knew that bringing it up might only make things worse. Now they had never actually seen or herd their moms fight but let's be real every kid can tell when their parents are fighting. Nobody has to say anything, you just know.

After breakfast was over the boys ran around the house in their underwear playing cops and robbers until they tired themselves out, and instead lounged around the family room watching old cartoons. The good stuff not the bullshit that's out now. 

Camila was in the nursery changing the baby when Lauren walked in.

"Look can we just call, I don't know...time out for tonight's dinner, I don't want things to be awkward and I don't want my parents to find out that we're fighting." Lauren said, standing by the door frame with Camila's back to her. She really didn't want her parents to find out, the last thing she needed was a stern talking to. Specially when in her mind it was Camila's fault.

"Why do you bother asking me Lauren if your obviously going to do whatever you want." Camila answered rather harshly, not bothering to look back at her wife.

"What? What are you complaining about now?" She sighed, she should have known things wouldn't be that easy.

"Oh I'm complaining now? Well I should be glad that you at least classed it up a bit right?" She said bitterly, but hey complaining is better than bitching right?

"Are you ever going to let that go?!" She let out frustratedly, Camila was overreacting and it pissed her off. "If it's not one thing it's something else with you!"