.

Looking down, I watch a couple of children chase one another near the docks, an elderly couple sharing ice cream and a man in a black suit walk his dog. Everyone has their own lives, all have their own struggles and pain, except mine is excruciating. The crashing of waves does not make me surrender and fall back, it only draws me in. I want it all to stop. No, I need it to stop. My mind is like a tornado of emotion and feelings, the ones you want to throw away and never see again. Seagulls fly above me in a circular motion, like vultures waiting for me to die. Die. That's the only way out of my mess. Death. If I jump off everything will be alright, no more suffering in the hands of myself. I chose the cliffs because I am scared of heights and the sea, so I feel less selfish when I realize who I'm leaving behind.

"I hope you are not about to do what I think you are about to do," someone warns me from behind. "And I think you are going to throw yourself off this very cliff."

"Leave me alone!" I shout back, edging further towards the edge. "I'll jump!"

"Please, step away from there," his voice sounds reassuring. "Whatever you are going through, I will help you."

I turn around to see an Asian boy, around my age, with black hair wearing a striped turtleneck and black jeans. Is he wearing a choker?

"What kind of kinky emo are you?" I ask, looking him up and down. "Trying to be the perfect aesthetic boy on tumblr?"

"I am neither kinky nor emo," he pulls a face. "But I am aesthetically pleasing, my fans say so anyway."

"Your ego is so big you think people care enough about you to be your fan," I say in a mocking tone. "You really are pathetic."

"My name is Hoseok," he puts his hand out for me to shake. "But you can call me Hobi or Your Hope if you want to."

"Thanks," I look down at his hand. "But no thanks, I don't need no pity party."

"This isn't pitying," he wrinkles his nose. "It's helping, and being your hope!"

"You really are the definition of cringe," I sigh. "Please, leave me alone. I don't want to die annoyed."

"Then don't die at all," Hoseok smiles. "Or you could come back tomorrow and try again?"

"Try again?" I raise my eyebrow. "You sound like I am trying for a baby or something."

"You know what I mean," Hoseok waves his hand enthusiastically. "Don't you have somewhere to be? An art project?"

"Oh shit," I gasp looking down at my watch. "Wait, how did you know that?"

"You were mumbling about it when you were walking up here," he gives me a thumbs up. "You talk to yourself quite loudly, people may start to think you're crazy."

"You have been here the entire time?" I pinch the edge of my nose in frustration. "You know what? I don't care, I am going to be late."

"Have a nice day!" I hear him shout. "See you tomorrow!"

What the hell does that mean?