fool (2x9)

title: fool au
pairing: nishina x serinuma
word count: 1985
summary: serinuma is a fool for falling for that girl! au (kind of punk x pastel? idk i wanted an excuse to write edgy nishina XD)
warnings: highkey plotless/rushed/unrealistic D:

(based off the song by red velvet, I put a video of it above)

---

Serinuma sat in her flowershop, chewing on the strawberry bubblegum some boy had given her at school and reading some doujinshi she had gotten at the recent comiket. The words, characters, everything about the story was so good and well-written. She was becoming addicted to the writer, Yokojima-sensei.

To make matters better, there was a rumor the author was in fact, a neighbor of hers. And not any resident, but Nishina Shima, the wealthy, popular girl that was well-known throughout the entire town for her family.

Serinuma had yet to see her, but was determined to meet her idol. She wasn't sure how however, for she had no idea what Nishina looked like. But nevertheless, she would come up with a plan somehow.

The girl let out a satisfied sigh as she finally flipped to the end of the eighth book she had read in that day.  This one was probably one of her favorites, and the characters reminded her of some of her real life ships she had created from her friends. It was almost like they were in the story.

She placed her novel next to the cash register and impatiently tapped her fingers on the marble counter, gazing at the untouched glass door of the flowershop and wondering when someone would walk in.

The flowershop was a pretty place to work, but the weekdays were somewhat boring. No one usually came in. She was completely content with her job though. Serinuma loved taking care of the plants and flowers, but loved the customers even more.

Why?

Well...

*a few weeks ago*

A lingering sound of the bell rang as the door slowly opened.

Serinuma watched as a tall, dark-haired boy about her age entered the flower shop. He wore a charismatic smile and a confident-looking stance, gazing at the dozens of bouquets in deep thought.

"H-hello! Welcome!" Serinuma greeted happily, beaming with the excitement of someone present.

The boy only grinned back and waved before picking up one of the bouquets, one with dark pink roses, and nodding in approval. He walked up to the cash register and placed it on the counter, looking down on the budding flowers with content.

"Oh! These flowers are very pretty! Who are they for?" Serinuma questioned politely as she prepared the flowers for the boy.

He chuckled, a dark blush on his cheeks. "My boyfriend's birthday is tomorrow so--"

Serinuma nearly let out a high pitched yell, but luckily suppressed it and only nodded eagerly. It's so cute! A kind boy getting his boyfriend flowers for his birthday! Precious! Stunning!

She handed him the roses, practically trembling with excitement. He gave her a weirded-out but friendly look before saying "thank you!" and heading toward the exit.

Serinuma laughed manically. "OF COURSE! ANYTHING FOR YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND I WISH YOU THE BEST-!"

*present day*