colourblind (5x7)

title: colourblind au
pairing: igarashi x nanashima
word count: 1317
summary: Iga is colourblind until he sees Nana au
warnings: swear

Grey skies, grey landscapes, and grey faces is all that Igarashi sees. He longs to see colour; the red flowers, the blue clouds, and green grass.

He often gets complimented for his eyes. Someone says "wow! your eyes change colour!" but he feels like it's wasted on him. He can't even look in the mirror and look at his own eyes. Disappointing.

Now he sat in a cafe, peacefully drinking his black coffee in silence. He drearily watched the people stroll by, talking and laughing, and longed to have someone.

"E-excuse me?" a loud voice stuttered behind him.

"Yeah?" Iga asked and turned around to face the person. It was like an explosion. The second the two's eyes met, the world suddenly shifted and thousands of vibrant shades seemed to appear out of thin air. Iga fell back onto the ground, covering his eyes with his hand.

"WHAT!" the person yelled nervously, grabbing Iga's wrists. "Don't die beautiful stranger!"

"Ah! No... I'm fine...!" Iga assured, his eyes closed.

"Are you blind?" the person asked pensively. Well damn.

"No?" Iga said in a questioning tone.

"Then why are your eyes closed─and why are you still on the ground!?"

The tall boy sighed and tried to open his eyes, squinting from the bright sun. Everything looked different. He couldn't process the vibrance of the world. What the hell is happening to me? His head hurt horribly and the world was spinning dramatically like a broken carousel, he couldn't focus on anything.

Iga began breathing heavily, looking up at the sky in fear. His headache was worsening by the second.

"Hey!" the loud voice cried, rubbing his hand on Iga's chest. The volume of the person's voice caused a sharp pain in his head.

"Ah!" Iga groaned and felt the world spin around, until there was nothing but the darkness of his eyelids.

  ┅ ┅ ┅ ┅ ┅

Igarashi felt his eyes begin to slowly drift open, and winced at the brightness of the ceiling. 

"O-oh! Hello there!" a familar voice spoke. Oh right. That one person...

He turned his face to gaze at the figure and let out a panicked yell.

"I'M THAT UGLY?!" the person screeched.

"No-!" Iga almost shouted.  A boy sat there, with light messy hair that hung in his bright, wide eyes. He wore a large hoodie that hung loosely on his lean body, and was eating what looked like some kind of candy. He was far from ugly.

Iga had yelled because his surroundings... were different. Everything had changed significantly, he looked down at his hands; even his own hands

"Why am I like this...!?" Iga asked urgently, a jolt of panic ran through his body.  "What's going on?!"

"Ah-! Uhm! Calm down! Uhm─you passed out! That's it! The doctors said nothing about your health!" he blurted nervously, a flustered expression on his face. His face... is so... vivid! And lively!

"You're so pretty!" Iga burst out.

The light-haired boy's face darkened and he put his hands over his mouth. "W-w-what?"