I was quite taken with Kate while still being a little off with sticky paws Tanya. In all honesty, she was really very nice to me even if she didn't understand why I was there and she didn't know about Edward and me but that's still no reason to grope at any passing man. What can I say? I was biased.

I was also very actively avoiding Edward. Kate, while trying to give me a pedicure – guess what colour? – Black – had said that Irina and Laurent weren't expected till the next day and that was the same that Carmen and Eleazar were expected. I could ignore him for that time. I had self control enough for that.

Why didn't he tell me that Tanya didn't know? Hmm, jerk...

Kate took me to a small cosy diner around the outskirts of the time and told me she loved the cobbler there. I wasn't going to deny the sweeter and more enthusiastic sister anything so I obliged.

"So, are you going to tell me why you people are really out to visit us?" She asked, taking a big bite of her second cherry cobbler while I was still on my first, halfway through.

"Don't the Cullens normally visit?" I asked, surprised.

She flicked her straight blond hair; "They do...but they don't usually bring about a human to these parts. Especially not cool ones like you," she winked. I grinned at the compliment. "I hear you got a pretty cool power too, Kate." I said.

She laughed and reached out and just as her fingers brushed my wrist, I jumped at the sharp zap.

"That wasn't static, love. So, is it still cool?" she asked.

I rubbed my wrist.

"As long as you're not using it on me, it's wonderful," I muttered.

"See...? That's what I'm talking about. Normal humans would run." She said, pointing her fork at me. "I'm not abnormal." I pointed out.

"Oh you know what I mean, what with our powers, the Cullen's and all; I would've been certified mad by now."

I thought about that.

"Maybe, you are a little abnormal." Kate winked again.

I looked down at my cherry cobbler.

"Maybe, at least I'm not an electric rod." I mumbled.

She paused, and then looked at me. "Touché," she said.

Edward cornered me in the hallway when I was tip toeing to go immediately to bed when I came back from the diner.

"Why are you avoiding me?" he asked.

I didn't say anything.

He raised an eyebrow. "The silent treatment; I thought we were past all that," he said.

No answer.

"You can't keep this up forever." He said, moving forward and pressing me back to the wall. I glared at me. "Need I remind you that this is an occupied place and the occupants are all vampires with super hearing?" I hissed.

He smirked, "Trust me; years of listening to our surroundings have made us immune. We know how to give people their privacy. Haven't I stopped actively listening to you?" I huffed up at him, my breath still coming out in a white fog.

"It's cold, you should be in bed," he said.

"So, now you won't apologise?" I asked, stunned. "I'm sorry I'm keeping you up, there," he pushed the door to my room open.