1

My eyes zeroed in the little critter running on the ground. Being thirty five feet in the air, sitting at the very top of a tree made it easier for me to see the little thing and where it was going. Deciding that now was the perfect time, I lounged for it, the taste of blood and flesh filling my mouth in just a few seconds. I chewed on the little creature happily, holding it down with my claws as I ripped off chunks of meat.

I was done with the little thing in minutes, flying up to the nearest three and settling there.

"That was a good meal" I told my owl who's name is Beatrice.

"I agree one hundred percent." She said satisfied.
"Hey, do you sense that? I think it's werewolves. I think we're on somebody's territory." She said, worried.

I didn't worry. We might feel like a trespasser to them because we have a human side and the presence of our spirit always alerts them, but they would never think that an innocent little owl was the one behind all this. Well that's a lie, I'm not a little owl actually. From the tip of my tail to the top of my head I measure to two feet and three inches, and I have a huge wingspan. Five feet to be exact. How do I know? I got caught by humans once and of course they had to measure me. I of course escaped but the knowledge I guess came in handy. To know exactly where I would and would not fit.

Suddenly I felt all jittery inside and calm. My senses were all over the place and my owl was hooting like crazy.

"Mate" I was able to make out, and I twisted my head to where my owl senses told me to, and my owl eyes were met with a pair of striking green eyes, with specs of gold in them. I felt a connection with the person right away.

Lexington's POV

Lexington's POV

"Sir, there is somebody at the border." My Beta told me, barging into my office. I stood up from my chair and told my Beta to lead me there, and take a couple of Warriors as well. We never know what's there.

As we got closer to the border my wolf started to get more and more exited, and annoying. Jumping all over the place and howling.

"For the goddesses sake Zeke would you shut the fuck up?" I scolded my wolf who was slowly giving me a headache.

"Something good is going to happen. I can feeeel it!" He said, stretching out the word feel.

We kept walking there when an even stronger smell of woods hit me. As if that thing has been absorbing the smell for years.

"Guys, do you smell that?" I asked, and everyone looked at me confused, smelling the airs around them.

"Mate mate mate! Look up fool! Mate!" He yelled at me. I looked up with excitement, and was met with a pair of round, golden yellow eyes that were staring right back at me.

"Mate." I said out loud.

"Alpha, there is nobody here." My Beta, Alexander said with confusion.

"Oh yes there is." I said and right at that moment an owl, about two feel long and with a huge wingspan flew out from the tree, landing on a branch much lower and closer to us. I walked over to it, the Owl watched me with caution.
I stretched my hand warily towards it, and once my hand touched the silky soft feathers on its head, sparks filled my hand and the Owl who I am guessing is a she, leaned her head into my touch.

"Dude, your mate is an owl?" Alexander asked, humor in his tone.

"I wouldn't get paired up with just any animal moron. She's an owl shifter." I growled the first part, them softened my tone, looking at my mate. "Let's get to the pack house now. You can ride on my shoulder if you want." I offered to my mate. She didn't seem to mind because seconds later she was seated on my broad shoulder.

"Damn, she's huge dude." Alex commented.

"Well I guess she'll have no trouble tearing your insides out them. Right sweetheart." I said, running my finger under her head, making her bend it back a little, enjoying my touch.

We finally made it back to the pack house, and as we passed people gave me weird glances because it's not every day you see your alpha carry a huge owl on his shoulder.

I brought her up to my room, letting her fly. She landed on the dresser, looking around the room in curiosity.

"I'm going to try to mind liking you alright?" I said and she nodded in response. Mates form a mind link the moment their eyes meet.

"Hey." I said once I found the link that send jitters down my body.

"Hi" an angelic voice filled my head, almost making me hard.

"What's your name beautiful? Mine's Lexington." I said and I saw her close her eyes in delight.

"My name is Melville. It's very nice to meet you Lexington." My name being uttered by her was the most amazing thing ever. I don't think I've ever enjoyed my name so much.

"Why don't you shift Melville?" I said in my normal voice, not in the mind link.

"I don't feel comfortable doing so. I haven't shifted in five years now. Give me some time."

Alright. Then how about we go buy you a branch you can sit on okay?

"Sure. Your dresser might be made out of wood, but it's very uncomfortable to sit on."