Hold Me Tight

He stopped talking for a minute then continuing, "I was back at the hospital when my *hicc* mum died. I think I was 7 or 8, one day when I came back from school my mum just dropped unconscious on the floor and then my dad called an ambulance. We followed in our old car because there wasn't enough room in the ambulance I think. When we arrived at the *voice crack* hospital we had to wait for 3 hours, for a reason that they didn't say. When the doctor said we could go in to see her they told us that she had suffered from a heart attack caused by genes passed on from my grandad."

He opened his mouth but closed it again and tears started freely rolling down his colourless cheeks. Brass pulled him closer towards her and murmured," It's okay if you don't want to continue..." He cut her off." No. I want to." Brass took her head from off his right shoulder and gently turned his head towards her.

Green and blue connecting. He slowly moved his head towards hers and then their lips connected really softly but connected none the less. She slowly raised her hands so they were in his brown-blue hair and when they separated his hair looked even worse than usual. Dialja looked Brass straight in the face and murmured, "I still don't know how you manage to make me feel this way but I can't decide if I like you or if I love you."

She simply replied with hugging him and saying," You'll figure it out someday." Yeah this girl was beautiful, smart, talented, stubborn, made him smile 100% of the time and determined but guess what he liked the most about her? She had his back, even when he didn't think she did.

Brass was the most incredible person he had ever meet. It was at this moment he realised. He didn't like her. He loved her." Then when I was talking to her about how she couldn't leave me and dad, she interrupted. My mother's last words were 'I love you, Dialja' and then the heart monitor went dead. I yelled for dad and the doctors and whenever they came in they chucked us out. About half an hour later the head doctor came out and found us. He told us mum was *hicc* dead.

Dialja threw his arms around his knees, sat back and started crying again. Brass got up, walked round the other side of the bed and sat down next to him. She ran her hands through his hair saying, "It's okay. You're safe, I know it's really hard to let go but your mum would want you to be happy." Brass thought for a minute and started singing Riptide by Vance Joy.

I was scared of dentists and the dark
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magician's assistant in their dreams

Ah oo oo oo
Ah oo oo oo
Oh, and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong

There's this movie that I think you'll like
This guy decides to quit his job and heads to New York City
This cowboy's running from himself
And she's been living on the highest shelf

Ah oo oo oo
Ah oo oo
Oh, and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat because
You're gonna sing the words wrong

I just wanna, I just wanna know
If you're gonna, if you're gonna stay
I just gotta, I just gotta know
I can't have it, I can't have it any other way
I swear she's destined for the screen
Closest thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen, oh

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat because
You're gonna sing the words wrong

Oh lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat because
You're gonna sing the words wrong

Oh lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat because
You're gonna sing the words wrong
I got a lump in my throat because you're gonna sing the words wrong

When Brass saw that Dialja was sleeping she gently lifted his head off her shoulder and back onto his pillow. She moved off the bed but then looked back at his slowly rising and falling chest, smiled and heads back towards the window. Dialja then lifted his head but keeping his eyes shut whispered loud enough for her to hear it " So you're my girlfriend now, right?" She looked back at the half-asleep boy and replied," Always." And with that she was gone.

I'm alive!!! Been busy watching Digimon. But really check out that song Riptide!!!
BrassAmber