Rumblin' Tumblin'

Dexter's POV:

A few days later, it was the night of the rumble. It was Saturday night and the moon hung low. I could hear the wolves howl from just my dorm room.

It felt empty without a roommate. I held onto the curtains that hung down from the window. I looked into the distance. I could feel the wind blow wild.

Soon I could hear the supposed knock on my dorm door. I snatched the knife I was given and opened the door.

Alistair, Chase, Daring and Hopper stood at the doorway waiting for me. And without a word, we left. As we were walking towards the rumble's destination, I figured some things out.

   Apparently, Sparrow's gang figured out that we were going to fight them and they agreed to the rumble. They also agreed that they were only to fight with their body, no weapons. Boy, they sure liked to gamble.

I thought about what Hunter said last time we visited him. I knew that he didn't look so happy, but we all knew that it was for the better.

We finally reached the center of the Dark Forest, where our rumble took place. I could see Darling peaking through a tree. I motioned from far away to stay back. She hid and I could no longer see her.

   " Well, well, well. Isn't it Chase Redford?" Sparrow came out of a shadow and walked towards Chase.

   " You know where you're supposed to be Sparrow!" Chase exclaimed.

   " Oh I know. But don't you know who I am? I'm son of Robin Hood. I don't do jail." Sparrow laughed. " And plus, the prisoner isn't me, it's Hunter. You all know that and it's the truth."

" I guess we'll have to do this the hard way, shall we?" Sparrow clenched his fists.

The fight had begun...

   Chase was fighting Sparrow while Alistair and Hopper were fighting in a duo. I successfully fought off a few in a while. In the distance, I could see Daring struggling with some who jumped onto him, just like Chase had predicted.

   I sneakily ran to the oak tree Darling was hiding and gave her the signal.

   " Darling! Go!" I called out. Chase looked behind to see me and I gave him a thumbs up. I soon ran to him to help him fight off Sparrow. We all soon heard someone shout.

" Darling!? What are you doing here?" Chase and I managed to see Daring looking shocked. Darling beat up every guy who tried to fight her.

After a while, the gang surrendered and we won the fight. Darling cheered as loud as she could.

   " And this is what you get for running off." Darling crossed her arms at Sparrow.

  " Remember princess, I'm gonna prove myself innocent anyway. So don't get too excited." he snapped.

   " We'll see about that." Darling smirked at Sparrow Hood.

   " Guys!" Alistair called out. " Come on!"

    We all ran fast towards the boy's wing of the school's hospital. Luckily, the guest shift wasn't over yet.

Hunter's POV:

    Tonight was the night of the rumble and I sighed the artificial air through me. I looked out into the night sky. There was the bright blue moon hanging within the twinkling stars.

   There was a knock on my door. It was them.

   " Come in." I called out as loud as I could. But the rigidity cracked voice was the only thing heard. They came in slowly.

   " Hunter-"

   " You won?" I interrupted.

   " Yeah."  Chase said as he and Darling came closer to the bed. They held hands.

   " Fighting's no good." I smiled. " But if you're happy, I'm happy."

   " I'd use any excuse for a smile right now." I beamed. I looked into everyone's eyes. 

    " Hunter," Hopper asked. " are you alright? You seem pale."

   " Perhaps you can tell that I'm not going to last the night."

   " What do you mean?" Daring asked as he came closer to me and next to Chase. Daring turned to Darling.

   " Get Ashlynn." he whispered to Darling, but I could hear. Darling raced off the room. I could hear the steps pounding the wooden floor.

   " Thank you." I mouthed to Daring. But he didn't see. I turned to my previous position.

" Hunter...I think that you're getting woozy. You're not going to die." Daring looked at me straight in the eye. I stayed quiet. Soon later, Darling arrived with Ashlynn. I froze, not moving a single muscle.

" Ashlynn..."

Ashlynn ran up to me and gave a big hug. I embraced her back as I could feel her tears trickle down her cheek. I cried also. She looked at me we touched our foreheads.

" It's gonna be okay." I reassured as tears raced down our cheeks.

   " Hunter, you are not going to die." Ashlynn said as she cupped my face. " I believe in you."

   " Ash, don't make this hard for yourself." I said as I cupped her face. It was soft. I looked into her eyes, her emerald eyes.

   " I promise that we'll see each other again." I added. Soon I felt a sharp pain in my lungs. Ashlynn held herself back as I clasped my chest.

     " I love you Ashlynn." I faced her, then I faced everyone else. " Stay gold everyone, stay gold."

    Suddenly, my chest felt like it was closing in. I gasped for air, but it was no where to be found. Everyone stood horrified. I pushed myself back into the mattress of the bed. Darkness rolled in my sight. I suddenly felt a relief rush into me.

Hey everybody. Sorry for the sad chapter. 😢 The next one will come very soon. See ya.
-Hubbybubby14