Brother & Brother

Chase's POV:

   " Chase, I...I was wrong about you." Daring spoke. Suddenly, my sadness turned into sparks of surprisement that flicked through my chest and down to my feet. This isn't true...is it?

" What?" I asked, I didn't quite believe it. I was in disbelief. Then again, it was hard for me to believe anything that came out of anybody's mouth except for Darling's and Alistair's.

" Chase, I want to start over. I realize it now. If we continue this feud... then...one of us could end up like Hunter...on the edge of our lives." Daring said in his serious tone. I looked down, then he did the same thing. Suddenly, a flash zapped before my eyes. I could see the scene once again. The gun was aimed straight at Hunter. I his face was stained with fear, and soon later with blood.

" I'm sorry." Daring apologized, and he looked serious.

" I'm sorry too." I said. Daring smiled as turned around to leave, but I stopped him. " Wait...Daring?"

" Yeah?" he asked. I stuck out my hand.

" Brothers?" I held out my hand. He clapped his against mine. His palm was quite soft.

" Brothers." we shook our hands together. And for the first time, he smiled at me.

" Brothers." I repeated as he ruffled my hair.

" I gonna get used to this." he joked as I laughed.

Hopper's POV:

It was the Monday of this week, and I was waiting for the last minutes of Dexter's detention period. I stared at the clock as the hour hand ticked to the number six I held out my watch: 3:30pm sharp.

I tapped the soles of my shoes on the hard marble ground of the school hallways. Sitting on a bench, I waited.

   I was actually anxious since the two of us were going to visit Hunter. I hoped that Hunter was alright and the bullet wasn't strong as we all expected. But hopes are far from reality.

Suddenly, the doors of Professor Jack's classroom barged open as the students charged through. I stood up as I had a glimpse of Dexter and he saw me. He walked over to me and I breathed out air.

" You ready?" I asked as I fumbled my hand together before my waist. Dexter took a few breaths. And without a word, we walked into the distance.

   After a while, the two of us reached the entrance of the school's hospital at the boy's wing. We checked in with the front desk.

   " What do you mean we can't see him?" Dexter asked when the nurse said that Hunter was occupied at the moment.  " You told me that he would be resting today.

   " That's the point dearie." the nurse said in her Bostonian accent as she pushed her glasses upward. " He's resting and the doctor said that he shouldn't be bothered by any guest. If any guest visits him, then he'll be stressed and he'll pass out."

   " It happened already." another nurse said coming in the front desk joining the other one.

   " We'll wait...until he's done resting-" I spoke up, but I was interrupted by one of the nurses.

    " When a patient rests, it can take up about a few hours or full day." the nurse interrupted. She slammed down her clipboard and reached for a cup of coffee that was waiting on the desk for her, or at least that's what I think.

   " We'll still wait...right Dexter?" I faced Dexter.

   " You sure about that...?" the nurse asked. " If I were you I would come tomorrow. "

    Suddenly, the doctor came. He didn't look so happy.

   " What's going on in here? My patients aren't getting their rest because of this commotion." he grumbled as he crossed his arms at us.

   " Sorry doc, but these two boys want to see one of our patients, but he's resting." one nurse sipped her coffee as the other one typed something in her computer.

   " Just let them in. That patient already had like thirty six hours of rest. He doesn't need no more. And plus, these two boys can't wait forever." the doctor smiled at us as he unfolded his crossing arms. " This generation these days are hecka impatient due to technology."

   " Why thank you doctor." I thanked. This doctor wasn't so bad after all. And I wasn't offended at all.

   " Just don't bring him too many bad news. The poor boy seems a little...embarrassed. I asked him why, but he wouldn't tell me. In fact, he won't tell anyone." the doctor said leading us to Hunter's room.

   " Don't see why," one nurse said in the distance. "someone's outa know anyway. What's the point of hiding it?"

   " I can tell." Dexter said looking worried at the doctor, then me. " How are his conditions?"

   " We did surgery on his chest, it's where we found the bullet. Apparently his two ribs have been blown out and he's been having some respiratory problems." the doc said. " But he's been acting mighty fine. He's talking again and the nurses enjoy talking to him. They say he's a good listener."

   " Sure is." I laughed.

    " Well," the doctor opened the door for us and motioned us to walk in. "here he is."

    I almost ran out of breath. There he was, lying on a bed, motionless, I could see an air pump machine right next to him. His bare chest showed as he wore the hospital gown right below his waist. His chest showed his stitches from our view. The sheets seemed scattered at the waistline, but it was still possible to see his gown. His eyes were half shut, but he could still see us.

   " Dexter? Hopper?" he spoke. But it sounded like he had a sore throat. I could see him smile.

   " You're here..." he added as he lifted his hand slowly as Dexter shook it, then I did. As I shook it I could tell that he wasn't eating well. There were needles that stuck tubes into his veins which seemed to give him vitamins and nutrients.

   " It's been so long since I remember seeing you." 

Hey everybody! I hope that you liked this chapter! Sorry for all the cringe worthy stuff at the end, I just wanted to write some details. Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment! See ya!
-Hubbybubby14