"We can't. . . tell. . . my parents." Taylor said sternly, glaring at me very seriously.

I groaned, running a hand through my hair in frustration. "No, Taylor, you cannot hide that! Maybe not tonight but tomorrow, what can you do? They'll eventually see that!"

"And I said, no." She said. "Whatever happens, they cannot know!"

"Taylor, I'll be taking the blame! What's your problem with that? If I let you on your own, you'll get too much heat and--" I shut my eyes really tight, trying to calm myself down.

"You cannot take the blame." Taylor said, "And I'm not telling my parents."

I know she always gets what she wants but I'm not just going to settle for loss on this one. I can't let her just take all of the blame, it shouldn't be just on her! The more stubborn she gets right now, the more I know this argument will only rise up.

"They'd know eventually." I said. "As you said, I'm not permanent, it's easier for me to take the blame."

"Here we go again!" She yelled, her cheeks growing red. It was also rare seeing her angry but I couldn't just back down on my argument. "What if I want you to be?!"

Her loud voice wasn't the one taking me aback, it was the fierceness, the determination. . . mostly, the words.

"You want me to be--" I blinked a few times. "I thought we settled that." Suddenly, the subject changed into something else I don't want to argue about.

We were both quiet for a moment. . .

"Forget about that." Taylor whispered, now calmly but she isn't looking at me. "I uh, I can go home on my own. Please, don't tell my parents."

"Taylor." I said, trying twice harder to calm myself down. But mostly, it's just me adapting to her mood. I licked my lips, "It was my fault. Come on, I know how much trouble it is for you."

"No, you don't." She whispered. "Goodnight, Harry."

She tried to walk past me but I held her arm. "I'm taking you home." I let go once I've realised I'm holding her right arm and I'm told that it was the same arm that took her fall.

"After something like that?" She asked and I had a feeling it was rhetorical. "Harold, no. You can't tell my parents, you are not taking the blame. You didn't do anything and that's it. Let me go."

"At least let me take you home." I said calmly, taking very deep breaths.

"Didn't anybody ever tell you?" She raised an eyebrow and smiled up a bit, making me quite concerned about how fast our atmosphere change was. "I don't like motorcycles."

If we didn't just have a screaming incident earlier, I would have laughed. "I can't let you on your own."

"Just this once." She said. "And you're talking to Riptide, don't forget that. Goodnight."

I groaned, "Be careful."

Of course, I followed her home. I couldn't just settle on letting her off on her own even if she's more than capable of handling herself.

And unfortunately, that night was probably the coldest I've ever felt, considering that I forgot a jacket, a beanie and a scarf at the venue of the games so I was vulnerable to the cold.

Monday morning, my temperature was high but I didn't want to skip school for a simple headache and watery eyes so I went on ahead. Normally, I'd use it as an excuse but, I was a bit more enthusiastic about schooldays, especially that the theatre performance is on Friday.

But there was this catch. . .

Taylor passed me by, alarmingly more than a few times like he doesn't know me. It was the same during classes and she wasn't there at lunch time. I've considered the fact that she was angry at me but I don't know. For whatever reason it is, I haven't got a clue since we separated fairly well at the hospital.