Forty

Grinning, I pulled my cap lower and walked away from the school cafeteria. I did say I would not show up here this January four, but I never said I won't come back here.

Gemma is right, this is the kind of chance I shouldn't let pass, I should grab the opportunity. And of course, add the fact that Taylor wanted me to stay, so that's almost ninety-nine point nine percent of the reason why I'm staying.

Only joking. It can't be as accurate as that. The high percentage was Taylor, of course but not entirely just her. It was Canada, the whole place and the people in it, that's what got me back.

Neither mum nor Gemma were against it, all along I'd been pretending like I didn't really plan on going back but I did. It was on my to-do list, just hidden in a code name.

"Jeez, you've gotten a bit too thin! Have you been eating?" I asked putting inside the fair amount of cut up celery inside CM's cage. "Well, I'm just glad I've got to see you again, mate. What happened here when I was gone?"

Don't judge me, animals really have feelings too and I know they appreciate it when you talk to them even if you don't understand each other.

I started talking to CM as I was slightly bored. I've finished unpacking my bags, seeing as I've left a fair couple of my clothes here and I wasn't going to leave them all behind. It did occur to me to move around for a moment and look at the Canadian view during the winter, January, but I'm staying here for a couple more months, I've got a load of time for that.

The door opened and Neo was the one.

I did not react half as bad as he did. In fact, I maintained a poker face as I said in a monotonous tone, "Oh hey there, Neo."

His face was priceless. His eyes widened up and his jaw had dropped, I had a sudden feeling that he'd hug me. And he bloody did!

I almost choked with the long time that he wrapped me in his embrace. He kept laughing and unfortunately, I was pushed against the wall. . . uncomfortably.

"Let go! Let go!" I choked out. "Neo! I'm dying!" I yelled. Fair damn warning!

Still, he did not let go. Of course, I couldn't blame him for being so happy, seeing a handsome lad like me but it had been minutes ago!

"Get off!" I yelled.

"Last bloody warning!" I said. I counted for five seconds and then I pushed him, making him stumble back.

Niall landed on his arse yet he still kept laughing. "It's nice to see you too, Harry."

I sighed, and then started catching my breath. I ran my fingers through my recently, neatly cut hair and grinned. "Good to be back."

I stood up and offered a hand for him as he couldn't seem to stand up on his own because of laughter and the tears in his eyes.

He seemed really ecstatic about seeing me.

Once he got back on his feet and he's already calmed down, he started being the way he used to be.

"You just missed the first day of the new semester!" He yelled and I smiled.

"Point and shoot." I said, lying down. "How are you?"

"Fine." He answered. "Fine." And then he threw a pillow at my head but I managed to catch it. "What the fuck were those not-coming-here answers for?!"

"I said I won't show up there in the fourth." I said, "I didn't say which 'there' is specifically and I did not show up, I will definitely show up tomorrow."

"You're such a liar." He said and laughed. "And fuck you, by the way, the band and especially, Taylor was absolutely disappointed."

"I know." I replied.