Chapter 8

Day after day, we keep catching more cons. But today was silent and Bee decided to use this as a training day. I didn't complain since I enjoyed learning new things but I couldn't say the same about the others.
"Wow master Nightshade, very impressive", Slipstream responds to my take down on a dummy.
"Yes, very outstanding. You would have saved us." I smile at Jetstorm.
"Please you two. This is what I learned as a youngster. It's an old tactic."
The two's optics light up.
"Can you teach us?" The two speak excitedly. Drift shakes his head.
"Let her learn you two"
I smirk.
"Using an old tactic isn't learning. Teaching others an old tactic, now that's learning"
The two high five each other.

I pant after teaching everyone my tactics. Optimus still wanted me to learn a few new ones that he learned from the Primes Realm. I decided to take a break. However, I was up for a round of racing in our home made obstacle course. I took it easy on the others and ran in my wolf form. Midway through, I jump up and onto Grimlock's back. I run up his back, then leaping off of his head. As I see Optimus, Ratchet, Drift and Bee at the finish line, I open my mouth letting out my tongue. I let it drift to the side of my mouth, causing it to blow in the wind. I leap over the finish line, landing to where my head was on the ground and my butt in the air. I soon toppled over, just laying there, panting. When Strongarm and Sideswipe made it, they started arguing. Windblade and the mini cons were next. Then there came Grim.

"You ok, Night?" I look at Sideswipe. I must've been breathing hard for me not to respond.
"I'll take that as a yes", he walks over and pets my back. I close my optics.
"Hey Bee, I'm gonna take Nightshade to the lake so she can rehydrate"
Bee nods and Sideswipe picks me up.

As soon as Sideswipe sat me down, I jumped up. I look drearily at the lake. I walked over and bent my head down. I started drinking and then Sideswipe sat next to me.
"You know, Bumblebee is stubborn. He's also super boring."
I look at him. Coincidentally, I agreed with him. Bee got boring when it came to history. He was determined to get what he wanted as well. But when you knew him to the core, you'd know why.

His mother guardian abandoned him at Optimus's living quarters. That's where we met. He was always helpful and would always make me smile when I was going through rough times. So I did the same. I ended up being super apologetic because I could never please Elita. So my way of showing my love was apologizing. Bumblebee despised it. I remember when he would put his servo over my intake when I was about to apologize. He still does when I do something incorrectly.

"Sides, he's only like that because of his past. I'm always apologizing because it's my way of saying I don't want to loose you so forgive me. We all have our dark secrets. Bumblebee knows all of mine and I know all of his. It's what happens when you know someone for so long"
Sideswipe nods. I wish he knew what Bee went through. He'd be as stubborn and protective as Bee if he did. Luckily, he and his brother, Sunstreaker, got it off easily. Wish I could say the same about me or Ironhide or many others. Bumblebee puts on a mask of happiness like I do. I resume to my drinking. After a while of explanation, we make our way back to the scrapyard.

I transformed, walking over to Bumblebee. I sit in front of his still alt form. I decided to open my intake.
"Listen Bee. I'm sorry."
He transforms, looking at me, confused. He was sitting on his legs.
"Don't move your servos."
He puts them up in the air. Declaring his surrender.
"I'm sorry for not always being there for you. I was selfish. I should have shoved you aside and had Megatron take away my voice-"
He cuts me off by holding my face in his servos.
"No. I would die to hear your beautiful voice. I love saving you. I loved it when I got to protect you. I still love it."
I look down.
"I'm-"
He cuts me off once more but by placing his dermas against mine. I look at him surprised. I then closed my optics, wrapping my arms around his neck cabling. He pulls away.