Chapter 14

Will's POV

A couple of people were dismissed and left the hospital. Landon and his dad were saying that I can go home and come back straight in the morning.

But I refused. I stayed there overnight with Landon and his dad, hopefully waiting.

A few days later passed buy

And then...

"Family and friends of Lilac Austin?"

I flinched out of my sleep and immediately got up.

"Here."

"Well. Lilac miraculously survived the fall."

A wave of relief washed over me.

"Can we see her?"

"Hold on, but Lilac. Uh she got a major concussion. It seems that when she took fall, she could have landed straight on her head or crashed her head on something. We're not sure of what she remembers."

My heart drops. What if.. what if she doesn't remember me?

"No.." Mr. Austin wipes his face clean and sniffs. "My beautiful daughter."

"Can we see her?"

"She has just woken up. Room 201."

The three of us don't wait another second. I got desperate and hoped Lilac still remembered me.

We found her room and quietly entered.

She faced us and then smiled. "Hi dad. Hey Landon." She winced when she turned her head to me.

"Don't move around a lot, flower." Mr. Austin carefully handled Lilac.

"What.. happened? My head hurts."

"Uh. What do you remember?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and stared at me. I breathed in. Please.

"I... i don't know. Who are you?"

My heart dropped. I breathed out and felt defeated.

Alright, Owen. You wanted to win. You won. You treacherous person.

A tear rolled down my face. "You-"

"Will, I think it's bad if you make her remember you."

I nod sadly.

Lilac's POV

I stared around the room and felt another throbbing pain in my head.

The only last thing I remember was sitting in the living room with Landon.

"Lilac." My dad places his hand on mine.

I nod softly.

"Do you.. remember Lync?"

"Who? You're all scaring me."

"Don't be scared, Lilac." Landon goes to my side. They all looked tired and red.

"But- who is he? And who's Lync? I was with Landon. Sitting in the living room? We were.. we were waiting for you dad."

Landon stared at dad and then the other guy in the room.

"Dad can I talk to you outside?"

Landon's POV

I pull my dad out the room.

"Dad, she's referring to almost 3 or 4 years ago. She doesn't know Will. Doesn't even remember Lync."

"This can be good."

"How?! If we tell her, 'oh hey we don't live in that house anymore' or 'dad divorced with mom' or 'yeah! This guy is your boyfriend' or-"

"Yeah I get it now!" My dad shut me down. "But.. you know of her fear and panic attacks because of Lync. If she doesn't remember him, she won't be scared."

"Dad, sooner or later, she'll regain her memory."

"Then we'll wait. This is helpful but dangerous. Teach her things little by little. Don't push her.

I nod.

"I'm going to pick us up breakfast."

"I'll come. You never get exactly what I like."

Lilac's POV

I stared at the guy in the room with me.

Is he dangerous? Is he safe? Is he mean? Is he kind?

I, for some reason, felt comfortable and connected to him, somehow.

He was really handsome and stared at me with kind eyes.

"Who are you?"

"William Ryder." His voice was shaky. Why is he sad? "But please, call me Will if it helps."

I nod and smiled. A throbbing pain came back.

"Probably not a good idea to move so much."

He softly cupped my face and then pulled away.

"What happened to me? Wi-Will. I'm scared." I stared at him, curiously. My head was pounding.

"I am too." He looked down, sadly. "You- You fell."

"Oh." I look at my arms. They had bruises and cuts. "Are these from the fall?"

He looked at them, shocked. "Uh. Do they hurt?"

"No. I don't think so. I shouldn't be talking to you. I don't know you and you could be a crazy ax killer."

He laughed. Oh my gosh. That laugh. "Do you know how old you are?"

"I- uh."

"Uh well. You're 17 now."

"How come?"

"Concussion."

I nod, confused. I started getting a pain in my head. I want to get out. I try sitting up but my head throbbed and my body was terribly sore and everything hurt.

"Don't." He settled me down and stared in my eyes.

This stranger was compelling. I felt the need to listen to him. I felt a connection with him, still.

I don't know why.

I couldn't control it and fell asleep with a major headache.

~*~