Chapter 10

Lilac's POV

I didn't say a word on the way home. I slammed my door shut and stomped to my room.

"Ugh!" I grunted and fell back on my bed. I stared at the ceiling.

Lier. I huffed and sat up. He's not worth it I guess. But still, in order to get rid of my jealous rage, I grabbed my pillow and threw it across my room. It crashed into the glass vase.

I gasped at the sound of the glass chattering on the floor.

He picked up the glass cup at me, threateningly.

I pushed myself in the corner as far back as I can.

He knelt down to me and lifted my chin.

"You have beautiful eyes."

I gulped as he kissed my forehead. I shuddered.

"Get- get away from me." I try pushing him back.

He grabbed my arms and smiled. "You should learn to obey me."

"I would never obey you! You are evil and nothing but cruel. LET ME GO YOU BITCH." I kick him away and he looks at me, mad.

"First mistake." He held up the glass and threw it right above me.

I shrieked and gasped in the pain of the glass shards sticking to me. I quickly grabbed a piece of glass and threw it at him, weakly. He smiled and pulled me up. Everywhere was burning.

He caressed me in his arms and held me close. I think he whimpered a bit because he held me gently and he was shaking.

Maybe he finally saw I was scared? Maybe he felt bad. Maybe Lync has finally changed and saw things in my perspective.

But no. He tenses up and grabbed me and dragged me to his dirty room. I tried pulling away with all my force. It was no use.

I stared down at the glass. He made me weak. But now, he must be aware that he messed with the wrong person.

I picked up a big piece of glass and stared at it. I immediately became angry. I threw it to the ground as hard as I can, not caring if it made a loud noise. It broke into tiny pieces.

"What happened?" My dad ran in startled.

"Oh. Sorry. I. The vase fell."

He looked at me, amused. "How?"

I shrugged. "I should be getting ready for the ball."

"Sure." He closes the door.

I stare at the glass. I start to pick it up and wince as I feel a cut. I gasp at the blood. Though it was a little cut, blood flowed.

I washed my hands on a cloth and started getting ready.

I was not gonna let myself ruin this night.

~*~

Owen and I danced a lot tonight. I didn't see Will anywhere. Not that I want to see him.

Aria, Landon, Nina, Spencer, Owen and I all laughed and talked. It was pretty fun actually.

That's until I saw him.

"Hey guys."

I stared at him not saying anything.

"Hi." Aria waved and smiled awkwardly. "Landon, dance with me." She pulled Landon out and Landon didn't hesitate.

"Oh Spencer we should go too."

Spencer shrugged and nodded and they both left.

"You look beautiful."

Owen slid his arm around my waist.

Oh Owen was still here.

"Thank you." I folded my bare arms that I covered in concealer to hide my scars.

He stared down at them, confused.

"Can we talk? Alone?" He glared at Owen who reluctantly let go of me and left.

"I don't like him." Will folded his arms and stared at Owen who went to get food.

"Why? He's nothing bad."

Will shrugged. He wasn't telling me something. I could tell by the way he tensed up.

He sat down next to me. We didn't say anything for a long time until I broke the silence.

"Shouldn't you be with Courtney?"

"I didn't even want to be with her."

"Well it was up to you to make out with her all the time and invite her to this ball." I didn't mean to sound like a jealous person but he smiled at me and then grew serious.

"You think I wanted to?" He stared at me.

"Seemed so." Ok now I really sounded jealous.

"No I'm forced to be with her, Lilac." He looked down sadly.

I looked at him, confused. Forced? I hate that word. For it was used upon me too.

"Why?"

"My dad wants me to be with her. Because her family is rich and successful. He doesn't want me to be with anyone lower than us."

That's when I lost it. Anyone lower than us. I think he pointed out to me.

He tenses up. "Oh wait."

"So someone lower than you?"

"Lilac. Wait."

I stood up and crossed my arms. "Someone like me." I glared down at him. He stood up.

"No. I- I love you." He reached his hand out but I backed away.

"Sure." I turned around not looking back. Then without thinking, I turned around. "If you loved me, you wouldn't hurt me like you did multiple times!"

"You don't understand."

I stayed silent. It's true. I don't know much of Will. He never wanted to talk about his past.

"I'll tell you everything." He looked down sadly and I immediately felt bad. We both sat down again.

He huffed nervously. "Ok."

"Will, you don't have to tell me if you don't think you're ready." I stared at him with a little smile.

"No I want to."

"Do you want to go somewhere else then?"

He nodded and led me outside.

"Are you sure you want to tell me?" I look at him. I can see that he was sad.

"Yes. You told me everything about yourself. I want to tell you about myself." He held onto my hand.

I felt a strong connection with him.

"My dad used to be loving and caring, but ever since.." he choked on his words. I hold onto his hand. "Ever since my mom died, he's been pushing me to do things I don't want to do."

"Wha-what things." I hoped it wasn't bad things.

"He. I can't say. It's just awful." His whole body shivered.

"You can tell me. I won't judge you." I cup his face and run away a tear. He smiled weakly and stared at me. It wasn't long before he pulled me in and kissed me, passionately.

~*~*~*~