{11} - Insults and Realisations

◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️
_________________________________
Chapter {11}
_________________________________

Monday

Turning over, I saw rain falling in heavy drops outside of my window. I kept staring at the tiny droplets that had managed to form on the window.

Just like anybody else, winter has always been one of my favourite seasons. And Snow and rain is something that cheers me up.

I have always loved rain because it just pours down freely. It lets out all the burden its been holding. Not even giving a damn or two about some of the people below that despise it.

I wish humans too, would have been the same as rain. Life would have been a lot easier if the grudges we have been holding would just pour out the minute it formed. Call me sentimental or stupid, but I have always had that sort of definition for the rain.

Talking about grudges, I wish Hayden would have let me explain after the incident took place, 10 years ago. I would have just apologised a million times, and maybe somehow he would have forgiven me. Because only I know, how much big of a softy he actually his.

But not anymore, I feel like a complete stranger towards him. Its as if I have been introduced to him for the first time and believe me when I say.... the feeling isn't good.

And now, after all the fights we have had, and the incident that took place back at his house when his foot was fractured, he wants me to come to his party.

I am sure I will go, because maybe.... just maybe he'd forget the past and help me move on.

But something still doesn't feel right.. Hayden has always known that I was never the one to attend a party unless I was dragged into it.

But then again, the little ray of hope in me which thinks that I'd probably be forgiven, says otherwise.

"Your spacing out on me, Evelyn Samuels." I heard the voice of my best friend from beside me and I turned towards her grinning. Not before shaking my head to clear out all the thoughts.

"Yeah sorry. I totally feel bad about your aunt." I said, quite absentmindedly.

"Whats to feel bad about ?" Katherine said with a confused expression plastered on her face.

Wait.. we were talking about her aunt.. weren't we ? I definitely remember her using the word 'aunt' somewhere in her story.

"Uh.. well. She fell, didn't she ?" I asked, even though I have no idea what was wrong with her aunt.

"Thats quite an impressive way to cover up, isn't it ? I said she made hard stone cookies when she came to my place and how she... ok well just tell me whats bothering you ?" She said waving it off and grabbing a handful of popcorn.

Apparently, I told Katherine about the party Hayden invited me to. And she came running into my house, and begging me to take a day off from work.

I wasn't too enthusiastic to go to work, so I took a leave anyway, claiming to the boss that we have been sick. He was hesitant in the beginning but approved of the leave anyway.