Chapter Ten Isabella's Pov (Edited)

When my dad told me that my mate would have to go away my wolf whimpered. We didn't want him to leave us, we can't stand the thought of him leaving us for a long period of time. When he walked into our room I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist. After he carried me to our bed I thought he was going to leave me to sleep by myself.

"Where are you going," I asked?

"I'm not going anywhere," James said.

James laid down and turned on the tv. I then went and curled up to his chest.

"Go to sleep sweetie i'll be here when you wake up," James said before kissing my forehead.

"I love you," I said before drifting off to sleep.

I woke up sweating and my stomach cramping. I screamed in pain when an excruciating pain hit me. James woke up with a start he pulled me to his chest and when he did the pain and the heat both stopped. One thought came to mind.

I'm in heat.

"Baby your..." He didn't finish his sentence instead he rushed to the bathroom and I then heard water running.

I screamed again when another wave of pain hit me. Our bedroom door was slammed open and when it did I seen both my mom and James's mom carrying bags of ice. They then disappeared into the bathroom. My mate came out of the bathroom and when he did he came and picked me up, I looked into his eyes and when I did they were pitch black.

"Alex can James please have control back," I asked his wolf?

Alex growled but gave James control.

"Baby i'm sorry I didn't say anything but right now we have to cool you off," James said.

"It's fine but please make it stop," I moaned in pain.

"Baby last time I helped you, you became pregnant," James chuckled.

I didn't even notice that he was walking until I felt the cold water engulf me. I leaned back so my back was up against the back of the tub.

"Baby would it be better if you undressed or are you okay," James asked?

"I'm fine," I said.

I whimpered when the pain got worse.

"James get in with her now," My mom and his both yelled!

"Ugh fine," James said while climbing into the tub.

He then picked me up and put me on his lap so that I was facing him. I laid my head on his shoulder and slung my left arm over his shoulder while I put my right arm on his chest.

"Baby are okay," James asked?

"I'm fine just tired," I said.

"I hate when you go into heat," James said.

"Why's that," I asked while blushing?

"Well baby it's because your scent is irresistible," James whispered in my ear.

I buried my head in his shoulder so he couldn't see me blushing.

"Awe is my baby girl embarrassed," James said with an adorable smile.

"No," I mumbled.

We sat in silence but it was a comfortable kind of silence.

He then picked me up and sat me down on the toilet. He wrapped me up in a towel before leaving the bathroom to come back with one of his shirts and my undergarments.