“Yes,” Rowan said.  “How else could we talk about you without you listening?”

“You got a problem with that?” I asked.

“No, I guess not,” he said, laughing.  “Go on with whatever you’re doing.”

“I think we’re done now,” I said, putting the messenger back in my vest. 

Rowan did the same.  “You kind of caught us a little late,” she said.

I pulled out my tracker then, to see if there were any Directrix helicopters anywhere close to us.  There were a few a couple hundred miles out away from us.  By their statuses, they were grounded, so they must have been at some camp. 

But when I looked at the icon that symbolized our helicopter, I saw another one that said it was just a few hundred feet away from us, heading in the same direction.

“Do you know we’ve got a Directrix helicopter a couple hundred feet to the left of us?” I asked.

“What?” Kade asked, pulling out his tracker.  “Shit.  She’s right.”

“They’ll probably just mistake us for one of their own,” Xander said.  “We don’t have time to try and loose them.  We just have to keep going.”

I looked out my window in the direction of where the helicopter was supposed to be.  A couple minutes after I started looking, I spotted something in the distance.

“There it is,” I said, and grabbed for the binoculars, putting them up to my eyes.

“Can you see it clearly?” Kade asked.

“Hold on,” I said, adjusting the focus.  And then I could see the helicopter perfectly clear.  “There.”

“Is it Directrix?” Rowan asked.

“No,” I said, looking at the side of it.  “It doesn’t have the symbol on the side.”

“Does it have anything on it?” Xander asked. 

I looked closely at the side of the unknown helicopter.  On the side I could see the letter D and the numbers one and six beside it.  And I had no idea what that could mean.

“It’s got the letter D and a one and a six,” I said.  “Have we ever seen that before?”

“I haven’t,” Xander said. 

“I haven’t either,” Kade said.

I looked over at Rowan.  “Did you ever hear anyone talk about a ‘D Sixteen’?” I asked.

She looked at me like I was stupid or something.  “I didn’t even know who had me captive.  Do you really think that I would know anything about it?” she asked.

“Okay, never mind,” I said, laughing.

“Do you think we should get closer to try and see who they are?” Kade said.

“No,” Xander, Rowan and I said together. 

“Sorry,” Kade said, laughing.  “It was just a suggestion.”

I put the binoculars to my eyes again and looked at the helicopter.  There was something different about it though, like it was more advanced than the regular Directrix helicopters, since we had one of the latest versions of them.  The machine guns on the bottom of it were bigger, meant for bigger ammunition.  There was something about the way it was built, too, like it was meant for hard terrain.

“I don’t think this helicopter was meant for the Directrix’s city,” I said.  “It looks like it might belong to one of their other cities in the west, maybe the mountains somewhere.  And it looks like it was also built for air battle, since it looks like it’s made out of bullet proof metal.”