B&TB ~ 2

The next morning came quickly. Before I knew it I was going about my day.

Levi Ackerman was still at the back of my mind, but I couldn't really do anything about that. I was dressed in my normal jeans, black t-shirt and boots.

It was a day off from school, all we did was clean up around the house.

Once in a while we actually realized how bad our teenage filth was. Food everywhere, clothes, shoes. It got so bad for us we actually had to clean it!

Armin was washing the dishes, long blonde hair tied up in a neat bun at the top of his head. I had always thought of going for that look, but felt it wasn't me.

I couldn't help but watch the other teen with wide eyes, a smile on my face. His lips were pursed as he swayed, listening to a song in his head.

Grabbing the broom from the closet, I purposely bumped it into him. "Watch it." I teased, laughing as I walked into the living room.

As Mikasa tackled the bathroom I swept up the living room, a.k.a Armin and I's room.

I took down the shade that split the small living room and swept around. I moved under the beds and behind the dressers.

It wasn't until I heard the doorbell ring that I felt my blood run cold. I dropped the broom and could hear Armin turn the faucet off. He stepped into the living room just as Mikasa poked her head out of the bathroom. Terrifying.

I knew I had to do something. I couldn't stand like a statue. If this was Levi, I was ready.

In a matter of seconds, I was already walking to the door. I swung it open and looked at the man in front of me. He looked the same from the time I saw him at the work dinner I attended with my father.

The only difference was the glasses and cigarette dangling from his lips. My nose scrunched up from the smell and I held my hand out. "Hello sir."

Levi only rolled his eyes at my and took my hand. He shook it firmly and gave it a squeeze before dropping it. His own hands returned to his sides. From top to bottom Levi was the definition of business man. He had on a grey dress shirt along with a black tie, black slacks and dress shoes. His suit jacket was draped over his shoulder.

Levi's brows were furrowed into a deep glare. He always looked so angry.

"So..I got your letter.." I started, not really knowing what else to do.

"And?" Levi whispered, eyes narrowing even more.

"I don't know what you want." I shrugged, leaning against the doorway. "I have nothing you want. I'm broke. My parents left me with shit."

I thought I saw the corner of Levi's mouth turn up for just a second. "You're correct. You don't have anything I want. You're what I want kid."

I broke out into laughter. I laughed loudly until I could see Levi was actually serious. "I can't do anything. I'm just a student."

"So? You'll be paying off your father's debt by working for me for free." Levi crossed his arms. "This is my compromise. If you don't agree I'll have to go through my lawyer."

That scared me. That was serious, so serious. I really could lose everything.

Mikasa glared and watched Levi with a disgusted expression while Armin just stared with a worried expression.

"Fine. I'll work for you... okay? What's the job?" I asked in a hushed whisper. I was nervous. I needed to work for him.

"Hm, it's not what you think. You'll be living in my home. Taking care of my personal business. Setting up my flights, making sure my hotels are booked, making sure my drivers aren't late and that all of my employees are in check. Failure to do that will lead to a law suit. I will take everything you have. Every last item."

I was terrified. I shook in my boots. Falling, into a deep hole. I'd be working for free. I would live somewhere else.

"Eren you don't have to do this." Mikasa chimed, walking up and resting a hand on my shoulder.

"So you're willing to lose everything?" Levi raised an eyebrow at Mikasa, a sly smirk on his face.

I watched the tension build. It wasn't going to be good. "I'll do it." I stood in front of Mikasa and looked down at the man. "I'll go with you. I'll live with you, do all of that crap."

What else was I going to do? Get out of debt, not get sued. I needed the little money my dad hid and left behind for me. Even that was running out.

Levi seemed satisfied that I finally answered. "Time to pack kid. I assume your friends will continue to live here, so only bring your clothing."

Levi was so serious, so terrifying. He spoke as if he knew that he could make someone shit themselves in fear.

I turned away from him and opened the closet by the door. I pulled out an old dusty suit case. We never knew where it came from, but just figured one of us put it there and forgot about it. It belonged to someone obviously, and this was the only suitcase in the house.

Wiping the layer of dust off, I held the suitcase up. "See? I'll pack right now." With those words I quickly left to my room. I headed towards my side of the curtain in the living room and pulled the bin that contained my clothing out from the side.

I was willingly leaving because of my father's debt. I didn't want him to seem like a selfish person, one who left this all behind for his teenage son. Did he though? Did he plan to rack up all of this debt and just throw it on me when he died?

So many thoughts ran through my head. I didn't know what to even believe. I began neatly folding my clothes in the beginning, but as the minutes went by I grew lazy and stuffed most of my clothes in. I pulled the suitcase to the floor and sat on it as I zipped it up.

It seemed I was going to be a personal butler or something. It felt strange. Why did that man need me? I wasn't professional at all. I could've just answered my own question. He didn't hire a professional because he'd have to pay them. I owe him money from my father, so I was the free labor.

I thought over and over about the fact I was going to be somewhere so different in a matter of hours.

-

Please don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Thank you!

Instagram: xattackonererix

Snapchat: kaylathemarie

~

I have more social media, just ask if you'd like them. ❤️

Thanks for everything!!!