Let Sleeping Dragons Lie

Warning: Horror, violence, trigger, language.

-------------------------------------------------------

Breakfast was a somber affair, despite being provided for by Dobby. After the horrors of the previous day, and the interrupted sleep during the night, Dora and Hermione both insisted on taking a day to recuperate and regroup before continuing their mission.

Despite himself, Harry relented. It was obvious how badly everyone had been shaken by their experience, and if he was being honest with himself, Harry had to admit that he was relieved to be talked into it. Indeed, Harry ended up enjoying the time off much more than he thought he would, as the others decided to take a little walk along the stream and explore the woods a bit, giving Harry and Hermione some alone time together in the tent.

Feeling much better and more relaxed after their exchange of passions, Harry drifted off into a sound sleep. Hermione sat beside him stroking his messy black hair, smiling to see him looking so much more peaceful than when he had woken earlier that morning. It was obvious that Harry had been too worried about everyone else to sleep properly during the night.

For her part, Hermione felt more invigorated. After a few minutes she rose from the mattress and dressed warmly. Her breath clouded in the biting winter air when she stepped out of the tent for a stretch and a change of scenery.

The sound of giggling from behind the tent caught Hermione's ear. Curious, she trudged around the side of the tent and pushed aside the branches of the bushes at the back to see what was going on. Her eyes widened with surprise when she spotted Parvati and Luna sitting on a blanket on some underbrush untouched by snow with their lips pressed together.

Startled, Luna and Parvati fell apart, both of them blushing furiously and looking rather sheepish.

"It was all her idea," said Parvati, giggling and pointing at Luna.

"Luna... What? ... But... Ginny..." Hermione gasped, never having taken Luna for someone who would cheat on her girlfriend.

"Is that Hermione?" a small voice asked, emanating from somewhere in the underbrush. Hermione's eyes spotted something shiny glinting on the ground near Luna and Parvati's feet.

"I think Hermione thinks I'm cheating on you, Ginny," said Luna with a mischievous grin as she picked up the mirror.

"But... What's going on? I don't understand..." Hermione was now more perplexed than ever.

"Let me talk to her," said Ginny's voice.

Luna passed Hermione the mirror, trying hard not to giggle at Hermione's shocked expression. Bewildered, Hermione peered at the freckled face which didn't look put out in the least; if anything, Ginny looked like she had been enjoying herself immensely.

"It's alright Hermione," said Ginny, grinning. "Luna and Parvati are just practicing..."

"Practicing?"

"Yeah... Parvati's never snogged a girl before," Ginny chortled, "so Luna and I reckoned that she should get in some practice..."

"But why on earth would Parvati need to practice...?" Hermione began, before halting abruptly as light dawned on her. "OH!" she gasped, clapping a hand to her mouth as her eyes grew bigger. "Luna told you..."

"...about the whole Coven business," Ginny interjected, smirking. "Apparently Parvati is the only one without a partner. Luna thought a threesome might do the trick though... Will it?"

"Oh... er... I think so. But... er... what about... er...?"

"Shagging?" suggested Ginny, waggling her eyebrows. "Luna was going to set up the mirror so I could watch them practice that next."