Under Summer Skies

Luna sighed happily, wriggling her bare toes in the grass as she sat near the lakeshore patiently waiting for Ginny.

Sparrows twittered in the birches and butterflies flitted among the wild primrose and azalea by the lake, the willows whispering in the cool breeze. Several geese flew low above the shimmering surface of the Black Lake. Except for birdsong and the hum of bees, it was quiet on the Hogwarts grounds, and there was something very satisfying about having it nearly all to herself for the summer.

Everything was almost perfect - now all she needed was her girlfriend and their other friends. Luna had arrived the morning after the Order meeting, but the Weasleys had decided to have Ginny and Ron for a few days at home before sending them off to Hogwarts.

Neville was around, but he was a bit mopey as he was missing Hannah Abbott. He was hanging out at the quidditch pitch reading a book while Viktor Krum soared around the castle on a broom. And it would be a few days yet before Harry and Hermione returned from London.

Finally Luna heard someone calling her name; she glanced back and grinned when she saw a beaming face full of freckles and red hair.

"There you are..." said Ginny. "I've been looking all over for you."

"I knew you'd find me here. This is the perfect spot," said Luna. "How come Ron didn't come back to Hogwarts with you?"

"Wait... how did you know that?" Ginny looked very puzzled for a moment before she realised that Luna was having one of her intuitive moments.

"I can tell by your face," Luna replied with a giggle. "You don't look annoyed."

"That's a good point..." Ginny grinned, "Ron convinced Mum and Dad to let him go to Ireland to hang out with Seamus instead."

"That's nice," said Luna, pulling Ginny in for a heated kiss. "Everyone should get to hang out with their best friend for the summer.

"Mmhmm," Ginny responded, her lips busily engaging with Luna's.

Luna pulled Ginny closer until they were both rolling around in each other's arms on the grass together, giggling and kissing with reckless abandon. Ginny ended up on her back with Luna on top of her.

"Mmm..." Luna grinned. "This is much nicer without that creep McLaggen and his obnoxious friend watching. Maybe we can do a bit more this time... There's no-one else around."

Ginny's eyes widened and she nervously licked her lips, smiling shyly back. Nobody else had ever made Ginny feel this way before. She'd been wanting to go further with Luna for a while, but hadn't been sure how to ask, afraid of scaring her away. Ginny was delighted that Luna had taken the initiative.

"Er... alright then," she squeaked. "I'd love to..."

Taking Ginny at her word, Luna's hands began to roam. Ginny trembled at Luna's touch. Soon Luna had Ginny squirming, gasping at the tingles of pleasure rippling through her. Ginny responded in kind and the fervor took them both by storm.

Grinning with delight at having brought her partner to completion, Luna tugged off her own blouse and tossed it aside before undoing the waist of her skirt.

"What are you doing?" Ginny squeaked anxiously.

"We're trying that again," Luna retorted breezily. "But this time without clothes on..."

"But... but we're outside..."

"So?" said Luna.

"Someone might see us..." Ginny moaned half-heartedly, her pulse racing.

"Trust me, it'll be even better this way."

Watching Luna undress, Ginny couldn't bring herself to disagree. Throwing caution to the wind, Ginny grinned and hurriedly pulled off her own clothes as the squirrels peeked down at them from the branches of the sycamore and the sparrows settled on the bushes to watch. Luna peered at Ginny with as much enthusiasm as Ginny had regarded Luna.