Chapter 13

While the Doctor rushed forward to help the poor children, Donna stayed close to the huge metal door. She thought she was going to keep guard of the entrence or something, but as the door is slowly pushed open she realizes that no one could have missed it. All eyes in the small room turns to the door. The hinges groan and whine and wheeze. Not like the TARDIS, though. The TARDIS' noise is like music to the ears. The noise this door makes is like cats being dragged around the room by their tails.

It's no super villian, like Donna feared. It's an old lady. A small, old lady with her white hair falling in unbrushed whisps across her face. It's hard to imagine she can see anything at all.

Still, her very dark eyes seems to zoom in on Donna. And the eyes isn't even the scaries part about that very old lady.

The scariest part about her, Donna decides, is the doll she's carrying. Or, it's not much doll left: the eyes have fallen away, leaving two empty holes. There's several small rips in the flowery dress and the blond doll hair can be compared to a bird's nest. Donna actually wouldn't be suprised if a small bird was hiding in one of those big tangles.

The old lady staggers into the room, the children whining and moving closer to the wall. They are all obviously scared of her. She points to the Doctor.

"What are you doing with my children? Can't you see that you are hurting them?"
The Doctor turns to face her, putting Ashie down.
"Really? Cause, from where I'm standing, it looks like they are scared of you."
The lady seems to think really hard about that. When she's done thinking she holds her creepy doll up to her eye level.
"Did you hear that, Daisy? He says they are scared of us? Why would they be scared of us?"

Donna loses it at that.
"I don't know! It might be because they are children and you took them from their families! Do you even understand that!? Cause I don't think you do, honestly!"
"Donna, calm do-"
"No! You don't tell me what to do, Spaceman! This woman is absolutely insane! Can't you see that?"
The Doctor holds his hands up, silencing Donna. He slowly approaches the old woman, doing his best to appear as calm as possible.

"Hello there, I'm the Doctor. What's your name?"
The woman doesn't even seem to notice him. Ashie walks up to him and grabs his pant leg, pulling the fabric softly to get his attention. The Doctor spins around, looking down at his small daughter. 
"She's nuts, Daddy", she says in a whisper.
The Doctor seems suprised.
"Nah, I don't think so. She's just a bit...different."

Ashie doesn't agree with that description at all. She's been in the room in chains for a few hours, and this lady is not different. Nuts, that's what she is. Scary even. She kept talking to her doll, and only ever said a few sweet words to the actual children. Not that they listened, they were all so scared. Except for Ashie. She wasn't scared at all. She knew her Daddy would show up and save the day when she least expected it. Her Mommy always said he did that.

The Doctor turns back to the woman, sighing. She's just focused on that doll. How will he even be able to talk to her if she won't focus on him? There's not even a point of trying to get her attention. So, he turns back to Ashie.

"Ashie, tell me what happened. How did she take you. Why didn't anyone notice anything?"
The girl shakes her head.
"She didn't take me, Daddy. The light did."
"The light?"
"Mhm."
"What do you mean, love?"
"There was a light and things got fuzzy. When I woke up, I was in this room."
The Doctor's eyes goes big.
"Teleportation?" he gasps out.
"Possibly", Donna says.
She's been standing nearby, quietly listening.
The Doctor nods, thinking. He pulls out his sonic, scanning the room while muttering to himself.

Donna gets down to her knees, so she's at Ashie's eye level.
"You okay, sweetheart?"
Ashie nods.
"I'm okay."
"That mean lady didn't hurt you?"
This time, Ashie shakes her head. Donna smiles sadly.
"Why would someone do something like this?" she mutters to herself, glancing over at the other children.
"Maybe she was lonely", Ashie suggests softly.
"What?"

But there's no time for the little girl to answer that. The Doctor is rushing over to them, waving his sonic in front of his face.
"Teleportation energy! And pretty advanced such. The reason no one else noticed was because the teleportation beam is only visable to the one who's actually getting teleported!"
He sounds so excited, actually lifting Ashie from the floor in a little victory gesture. Then he tenses up, just holding the little girl close.

"What would make someone do this? How could she possibly how sunken so low she's kidnapping children?" he hisses out.
"Ashie said she could be lonely", Donna says.
"What did you mean by that?" the Doctor asks his daughter.
"Mummy told me about this one adventure... It was a girl who was so lonely she kidnapped other kids by drawing them."

The Doctor has no idea what she's talking about at first, but then the memory reaches the surface: London 2012, the Olympic games, Chloe Webber. Him ending up in one of Chloe's drawings, his brilliant Rose saving the day...

Clearing his throat, the Doctor forces away the mental picure of a smiling Rose.
"Yes, love. But that girl wasn't herself. She had been possesed by an alien."
"She could be possesed as well!" Ashie exclaims, nodding in the old lady's direction.
The Doctor actually has to stop himself from letting out a little laugh.
"Yeah, but I really don't think so", he whispers gently.
"But what if?" his daughter whines stubbornly.

The Doctor has to smile at her cute little reaction. He reaches down, suddenly wanting to pixk her up.

But he can't. Because a pair of old and wrinkly hands grabs her and pulls her away from.

[Woah, a cliffhanger. AAAAHHH! No but srsly, thank you all for reading so far. Don't forget to vote and/or comment x]