03 departure

as the kids from the bus crash waited for the driver to finish his argument with his boss over the phone, the bus exploded. the fuel leak had caught a spark and basically blew the bus to Olympus and back. percy blew up a fire hydrant to kill the flames.

the story that they had come up with, with the help of something called the mist, was that the bus had gotten a leek then the bus driver had noticed the leek in time to get everyone off the bus and that niky had never come in the first place. the bus driver having supposedly left her behind again.

as soon as they had gotten the situation with the bus all handled percy insisted that they leave as soon as possible so that they could get the situation dealt with wherever they were going.

"niky! hey we have to go to your house, or wherever you live, so that you can pack up your stuff and go." Percy shouted from blackjack's back. a cool breeze blew through brushing nicky's hair into her face.

"do you really expect me to ride that thing?! it looks like i would fall off the second i got on!" nicky said wordily eyeing blackjacks hooves and large wings.

"hey! that thing you are talking about has feelings you know!" blackjack grumbled angrily.

nicky nearly fainted.

" i-i-i-t TALKS?!" she stammered.

then as if her brain had overloaded with all the strange things that were happening she managed to mutter, "i live at the orphanage at the end of this road." then passed out in a dead faint.

percy jackson

ok this girl was weird. she acted like Annabeth, she didn't think that it was weird that her friend had horns and goat feet, she didn't completely panic when she saw a hell-hound and now she could hear and understand what his horse was saying? that was just to weird.

hey, maybe i have a sister.

the thought was a good one then he wouldn't have to spend the rest of his life at the camp in a cabin by himself. but then again that would also be weird to have a demigod sister because big three demigods were very rare, with good reason.

Percy Jackson

wow weird day. he thought.

he had been awake at 5:00am studying for his classes at camp Jupiter's collage when he had gotten an urgent message from chiron about a new demigod.

they had chosen percy for this job 1) because he was a very good demigod 2) because jake was a personal friend of grover 3) because annabeth was busy 4) because he was one of the most powerful and successful demigods at camp and 5) because they suspected that the new demigod was Greek and preferred to have demigods picked up by their respective camps.

"uh... boss? did i do that?" blackjack asked looking at the crumpled figure on the ground.

"i don't know blackjack. i think that she has had an overload of weirdness today. that's how i felt my first day. or at least after i was done killing a Minotaur and having my mother kidnapped by hades. i can understand why she fainted. lets get out of here before those siren i hear acualy get here."

he picked up nicky and put her on blackjacks saddle. then he put riptide back in his pocket and grabbed her backpack.

" hey jake!"

"yeah perc?"

" make sure that no one remembers this ask a few questions to everyone to make sure that they never saw niky!"

" ok but you better hurry back to camp before you get attacked by another monster."

percy walked back over to blackjack and positioned himself so that he could make sure that niky didn't fall off, but so that he didn't fall off ether.

" blackjack! go to the orphanage at the end of the road! that's where niky said she lived!"
-------------------------------------------------------------

as they flew down the road to the large gray building blackjack slowed down and landed in a clump of trees in the large yard.

"blackjack stay out here. i need to deal with the person that runs this place and get niky out of here."

he tapped on niky's face trying to wake her up out of her dead faint. "wake up we have got to go like now!" when that didn't work he opened a water bottle from her backpack and dumped it on her head. she sat up like a lightning bolt almost smacking her head into his face.

"uh hi im wet whats happening here? oh right dimigod, camp, random stuff that i need to know. so how are we going to get out of here?" she asked sitting up strait.

"well we need to deal with the person who runs this place so we can get you out and to the camp then we need to get you set up at camp and find out who your parent is then well whatever happens after that."

'wow this girl really is strange, and powerful i can practically feel the energy coming off of her gez.' he thought

" well ok then. lets go in and get my stuff we don't have to deal with the nice lady who runs this place yet ill just tell her that i will be going camping in the forest again or that i am going to sleep in the yard or something, she will believe it. i do things like that all the time and she doesn't mind as long as i tell her where i am going or what i am going."

niky

'wow I'm finally going to get out of this place and not have to go to another one.'
she thought cheerfully and she alredy had two friends that would be there.

"so lets go in."

she started walking towards the most recent place she had been forced to call home. if she belonged anywhere it was in the woods, or outside at least. when she hot to the door she pulled a lose brick (that was actually hollow) out of the wall, dumped the spare key out of it and unlocked the door.

"she told me where this was when i couldn't get back in one night and fell asleep on the door." she explained. trying to be quiet so that the other inhabitants that were still sleeping wouldn't wake up.

percy nodded. "makes sense to hid it in a hollow brick. everyone would be looking under the doormat or something. because people think that if they put it under the doormat then no one will think to look there because thats where it always is in movies and they would think ' oh they wouldn't have put it there thats where it always is in movies but thats always the first place people look." percy said. making sense by not making sense. witch sadly was a language that niky understood only to well.

"lets go." niky said opening the door and putting the brick back at the same time, she had done this a lot in the short time she had been here.

percy walked through behind her silently closing the door as he went. "so niky," he asked. "you seem to really know your way around this place, how long have you been here?" he asked. she knew that he was just making conversation and didn't mean anything by it but it still hurt thinking about it.

he caught her expression as she turned around the corner to walk up a flight of stairs. "oh, sorry. didn't mean to say anything that would make you feel bad you don't have to answer if you don't want to." he put in quickly.

'wow this kid seems like he has a lot of experience with situations like this.' she thought a small smile on her face. " na thats ok i have been her for a few months. i wasn't expecting to be leaving so soon but i hadn't expected to stay much longer ether."

"oh."

"well were here i'll just grab my stuff and then we can go to your camp." niky said as she walked down the hallway to the door at the end.

"hurry we may not have verry long before another monster comes by."

"i seriously doubt that i will take very long."

"well when you have all of your stuff we can go."

"i will be back in about thirty seconds."
she raced through the door and ran to her bed. she pulled out a small beat up suitcase from under it and within twenty seconds had everything she owned jammed into it. she reflected on how pathetic it was that not only could all of her belongings (besides what was in her backpack) could fit into one suitcase, and that she could shove all of it in within less than thirty seconds.

she opened the door and walked over to where percy was standing at the top if the stairs.

"wow that was literally less than thirty seconds. I'm impressed."he said smiling.

"yeah well i don't have that much to pack and even if i did i have always been good at moving from place to place quickly, it has probably been a few years since i have completely unpacked this bag." she said gesturing at her suitcase.

as they walked past the office niky put a sticky note on the door saying that she was going to go camping for a few days at her usual campsite (only niky herself knew where that was and even she got lost every once in a while going there). she wasn't worried about it. but she did feel a little bad about the lie. she really liked the supervisor here.

as they walked back out he door niky locked it behind her saying a silent goodbye as she went over to the Pegasus that percy had introduced as blackjack.

"you ready?"

"no but we kind of have to get to this camp somehow so i guess i have to be."

"true."

"hey boss are you comeing or not? im hungry! can we get some doughnuts on the way back to camp?" blackjack asked.

percy rolled his eyes and helped niky on to the winged horses back. "maybe. if you stop asking." percy said with a small smile at the horse as they took off.

author note:

hey! sorry it has taken so long to update. i have had a very busy chaotic summer. it has been fun though! too bad school starts soon. that wont stop me from writing though!

i do have a plan for this storyline so don't worry that i will take longer to update because if that. just bear with me. also don't feel bad if you don't have any idea where this is going, if you don't then the next chapter should be a bit of a relief.

(ps. dont worry about me ending this anytime soon it will probobly be kind of long.)

-nico
an:
sooo how was it? why do u think that she can hear blackjack? ooooooh strange. you'll find out. peace out.

(ps i am just spam updating by copy paste from quotev lols sry)