Believe

This is frustrating a little bit.

I can feel it.

Hasu's health and voice getting weaker. Although it's only her inner voice, I can hear how faint it get lately.

In the dark side, she must be feeling pain right now-- the feeling of in the brink of death--but in the bright side, she will come to this side soon.

When I said this side, of course I mean the soul society. She won't become the shinigami or even a captain out of the blue like that. It would be pretty hard. It's not like that I underestimate her, but she have been on her bed for pretty long. Even when her soul transfered to here, she still need times to fully recover. She did say that she couldn't move a muscle at all at our first talk.

" Hello Sousuke-san! "
Oh, talk about the girl.

Maybe she sounds really fine if only by ears, but truthfully I can feel her health getting worsened. I do feel happy about her coming soon, but it's frustrating to see her dying slowly like this.

" Hello, Hasu. How's your day? You feel any better? "

" Don't worry Sousuke-san, I'm getting happier lately, and mother seems happy with it too. "

She didn't lie. Of course I believe in her even without a need of detecting her every words. I'm just concerned. But perhaps I'm just being overprotective.

" Is that so? I'm glad to hear that. What did you do today? "

It's become our routine for asking each other's activity today. And we usually only talked about it when the night has come.

" Nothing much. But today mother let me hear my favorite song after such a long time, haha. It really did a good job on calming my day. "

" A song? Ah, now that you mention it, was it the song that you sang when we were talked for the first time? "

" Oh, yes yes! You're correct. You remember the song? "

" I only get to hear one sentence. It was about to where does the sea stretch, was it not? "

" Correct! I was only at the beginning though. I haven't even started yet and suddenly Sousuke-san called out to me, hehehe. "

I let out a chuckle as I remembered our first talk. It was... bizarre I must say.

" Would you like to hear the full song? I remember the lyrics throughly... and... I can only sing with my real voice in my mind after all. "

There's a hint of sadness in her last words. But I know how hard for her to keep it in. I wouldn't forbid her to let out her emotion in here. Her heart is the only place where she can be honest at least.

" I would be gladly to hear it. Would you mind sing it for me, Hasu? "

"... Yes! "

And how I wish it badly for you to not let anyone hear your song other than me. Fortunately, it's granted already.
.

.

.

" Oh, to what place does the sea stretch?
It stretches on, to that country.

Between the waves, a small boat
is being swayed adrift.
Beyond the sea is an unknown country.
The boat disappeared into the white waves.

Oh, what can be seen at the end of the sea?
I can see the smiling cheeks of the lovely you.

Oh, to what place do the mountains stretch?
They stretch on, to that country.