Velvet

You wake up the next day to Velvet jumping on the bed, "It's his birthday! It's his birthday!" shouts Velvet. You get up and stop Velvet from jumping, "Whose?" You ask. "Zach's!" shouts Velvet. 

You close your eyes, "What are you wearing again?" You ask. "Mom, you didn't even drink last night. I am wearing the red dress!" explains Velvet. "Right..." You whisper. "We need to go get his present." smiles Velvet. "Did you pack?" asked Joji from the bathroom door. 

"Yes, father." Velvet rolls her eyes. You get up from bed and move to the bathroom. "What happened to you?" asked Joji. You push him out of the bathroom, "Give me ten damn minutes." you yawn and shut the door. 

You hear the door of your room close. "Joji!" You shout. But no one answers, "Thank you.." you smile. You go back into your room and grab some clothes, "Ten minutes!" shouts Velvet. You roll your eyes and go back into the bathroom. 

You turn the shower on and get in quickly. You wash your hair and body then get out. You put on your clothes and hear a knock. "One minute!" you hear Joji shout. "Thanks!" you shout and smirk. 

I put on a red shirt with a black hoodie and jeans. I rush outside to see Velvet in her red dress on the bed with her new dog. "What did you name it again?" You ask. "Cake." Velvet answers. The dog turns to look at you. "Hey there." you smile. 

"I don't know what to get Zach...." confessed Velvet. "Would he like a drone?" you ask. Velvet looks up, "I think I know what to get him now." smiles Velvet. You show her your wallet, "Where to?" you ask. 

You walk out of the room with Velvet and Cake. You turn to see Ian playing with his hamster, "Meme get back here!" you hear him shout. "Don't break anything!" you shout as you walk down the stairs. 

Velvet and you get into the car. "The mall please." smiles Velvet. "Where does the kid live?" you ask. "We are going to Laser Quest." answers Velvet. "Oh, okay." you shrug and drive the car to the mall. 

You walk hand in hand with Velvet to the mall. "What are you going to get him?" you ask. "I thought maybe we could get him something from Hot Topic and Vans." answers Velvet. You nod your head, "So... A few shirts, shoes and skateboard?" you ask. "Yup!" shouts Velvet. 

"Just stay close." you order. You walk in and people are waiting around you taking pictures and asking for autographs. You smile and hold on to Velvet's hand tight. "Who are these people?" asked Velvet. "Some friends."  you answer. 

You finally get to Hot Topic and let Velvet roam around. "She is a cute one, isn't she?" asked a voice behind you. "She is..." you answer. "Name is Molly. I would love to have your daughter as a model." smiles Molly. "We are trying to keep them away from show business." You explain. "I am sorry... But here is a card. For when Velvet is ready." smiles the women. 

You take the card and Molly leaves. You look back up and Velvet is gone, "Velvet!" You shout and look around. You walk to the last place she was, but nothing was there expect a few shirts and shoes. You take a deep breath and screaming on the top of your lungs, "Velvet!" 

You rush out of the store and look right and left. You run right while searching for your phone. "Joji! Velvet is gone!" You shout into your phone. You look around your backpack some more and see a picture of Velvet. 

You grab it and run to a group of people, "Have you seen this girl?" you ask. The people look at it, "An old women took her..." whispered a teenage girl. You think about it for a while. You hang up on Joji and look through your pictures. You click on a picture and show the girl, "Was the old women her?" you ask. 

"Yes!" shouts the teenage girl. You close your month and bite your lips. "Thank you..." you hug the teenage girl. You walk slowly to a chair in the mall and sit down. You dial Joji, "Did you find her?!" asked Joji in a panic voice. 

You take a deep breath and answer him, "My mother and father took Velvet. Is Ian and Jackson with you?" you ask. "I will call the police. Jackson and Ian are here with me!" answers Joji. "Don't call anyone or anything. I will get our daughter back my way..." you frown. 

"Do I need to call an ambulance instead?" asked Joji. "No." you answer. You hang up and put your stuff away. "Where was the last time my parents wanted to meet?" you ask yourself. 

You swing your backpack around your shoulder and start to walk back to your car. 

"It's just eleven o'clock... The party is at 3.... I can do this.." you encourage yourself and start the car. You pull out of the parking lot and drive to the ice cream store. 

You finally see the ice cream store and park in front of it. You close your eyes and cross your arms. Soon you hear a knock on the door. You open your eyes to see Velvet. You smile. But she is not so happy. 

You unlock the doors and Velvet climbs in. "You know... All they had to say was can we borrow you for an hour and I would gladly go with them..." groaned Velvet. You hold her hand, "Your grandparents are more stubborn then me." you laugh. 

"I saw that..." whispered Velvet. You reach to the back on the car and get your backpack, "Here." you hand her a normal size bag. "What is this?" asked Velvet. "The gift for Zach. You dropped the shirts and shoes on the floor... So I picked them up and paid for them." you explain. 

"When you knew I was gone... Did you even get worried?" asked Velvet. "Hell yeah! I shouted your name a lot of times. People were looking at me like I was crazy." you laugh. "Thanks." smiles Velvet. 

"It's one o'clock. Want to eat before we go to the party or what?" you ask. "I actually want to head to his house now." informs Velvet. "Fine by me. Next time, call my name when someone tries to steal you." you order. 

"I did. But the women who was talking with you, talked over me." explains Velvet. "Note to self, Just watch Velvet." you frown. "That's a good note." winks Velvet.