Oblivious

The next day, Alfred woke up early. What woke him up was the sunlight peeking through the window.
"Huh?" He mumbled to himself and rubbed his eyes, yawning and sitting up on the bed.
Alfred drank a bit too much last night.
He looked around and spotted that next to him... In his bed... Was his best friend, Mathias! Alfred's eyes widened and he quickly tapped Mathias' shoulder to wake him up.
The Dane shifted on the bed and turned to Alfred, slowly opening his eyes and blinking.
"What?" He muttered in a tired voice.
"What what? What are you doing in my bed?!" Alfred raised his voice but not from anger, mainly confusion and worry about what might had happened one night earlier.
Mathias slowly sat up and looked at Alfred with an eyebrow raised. He was shirtless in his best friend's bed.
"We didn't... Do anything... R-right?" He asked and looked at his best friend with concern.
"I surely hope so... I'm fucking in a relationship! And so are you...! If I fuck up things with Arthur I don't know what I'll do..." The American started shouting, every second growing more and more worried.
"Lukas skal bort fra meg..." Mathias mumbled in Norwegian, and cuddled up to the pillow underneath him.
"You know I don't speak Danish."
"Oh. Sorry. And it was Norwegian."
Alfred nodded and looked away, squinting his eyes as he thought about who else was with them last night. Lukas wasn't. Arthur wasn't. Gilbert and Francis were. Maybe they know what else happened!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Arthur didn't sleep at all.
He finally got out of bed at 11, when he decided that eleven hours of staring at the wall was enough.
"How did I not sleep? I'm so darn tired..." He mumbled to himself and got up, feeling his injured cheek which he had covered with a simple bandaid.
After a few moments of standing in the middle of the room in silence, he somehow snapped out of it and went to the living room with quick steps, sitting down at the big sofa.
"Hm... Too tired to make breakfast." He muttered and got out his phone from the pocket.
"It wouldn't be a bad idea to call up Alfred.'' Arthur said to himself and dialed his boyfriend's number.

"Hello?" Alfred coughed slightly and picked up the call, not even looking at who is calling him. Mathias and him were still laying down next to each other in the American's bed, worried expression on their faces.
"Hey, Alfred.'' Arthur greeted, and Alfred froze in place, eyes widened when he recognized his boyfriend's voice.
"H-hey, Arthur! It's you. H-how are you doing?" He asked with an embarrasing chuckle.
The Brit on the other side of the phone was slightly weirded out at the uncomfortable sound of Alfred's voice, like he was concerned about something.
"I'm fine." He lied with an emotionless tone of voice. "You?"
"Great, great! If you want I can come over, you know, we can have some fun together like we did a few weeks ago...!"
Arthur gave a silent sigh and shook his head. He still hadn't cleaned up all the broken glass in the kitchen, and it would raise suspicion in his loved one if he saw it. So he had to deny the invitation which seemed so nice.
"No, but... Maybe later."
"Alright. I cannot wait to see you!''
''Yeah, yeah." Arthur gave an airy chuckle and rolled his eyes. The only thing that would make him at least slightly happy was talking to Alfred.
They greeted their goodbyes and Arthur was left on the sofa with nothing to, with no purpose except thinking about his useless life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Fuck." Alfred sighed and put down the phone.
"Alfred, there is a small chance that anything happened. Stop worrying!" Mathias tried to calm him down. "Call Gilbert." He advised.
"That was what I was just going to do." Alfred muttered with an eye roll and held his phone in his hands again, dialing the number of their German friend.

"Oh, Alfred! You're awake? How's Mathias?" Gilbert greeted him loudly and gave one of his signature, obnoxious laughters.
Alfred was left speechless on a moment.
"What happened last night?! D-did Mathias and I---"
"Man, you have no idea how fun it was! You and Mathias ended up making out in the pub but you passed out so Mathias carried you home. You ended up in the bedroom together, if you know what I mean!" Gilbert chuckled loudly and explained the mystery of last night.
"..."
"Alfred?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Arthur was still sitting on the couch, hugging a pillow and just thinking. He actually liked the peace and quiet he was getting, but he needed the presence of someone else. He felt really stupid for denying Alfred's offer of coming over, but what had to be done, was done.
"Better clean that mess up then..." He said quietly to himself and got up with a sigh, taking a few steps to the kitchen.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"What do you mean?! I cheated on Arthur!"
"Calm down, it was nothing special."
"H-how do you even say that, Mathias?"
"Alfred! It's okay. It was a drunken accident.
The American was breathing heavily into a pillow as the Dane comforted - well, at least tried to comfort him.
"Accident or not, I'll never be able to look him in the eyes anymore."