Contrast

The atmosphere was tense as it has always been in the court room. Prosecutor Kang Seulgi listened attentively to the opposing defense party as Attorney Park Jimin delivered his statement. She felt infuriated.

"Objection, Your Honor!" She raised her hand and stood up impatiently. "Attorney Park is not focusing on the main point here. My client was harassed intentionally by the defendant and that has been proven through the CCTV footage earlier. So-"

"Your Honor, can it still be considered as harassment if there was consent involved by the plaintiff?" Attorney Park, refused to accept her objection, confidently interrupted. "Prosecutor Kang only speculated based on one angle. In fact, from the footage it was clear that the plaintiff approached my client first."

"That's nonsense. It seems that Attorney Park is having difficulty distinguishing reality here. The defendant admitted into touching her." Seulgi angrily said and looked at the defendant in disgust. "That's enough to charge the defendant!"

"Yes, touching but not harassing." The defense attorney answered smugly before turning to the judge. "Your Honor, I'd like to bring in a witness to prove that my client is definitely not harassing."

Seulgi looked at her opponent in surprise. She rolled her eyes. Her eyes then rest to her client beside her who looked panicky. Damn it!

___

They were outside of the court room now as the judge has already given his verdict ten minutes before. The two opposing parties sporting contrasting expressions as Jimin smiled happily due to the outcome while Seulgi was annoyed.

"Enjoy your win while it last, Park." She started. "That's the last time it's gonna happen."

"Oh yeah?" He smirked not taking her threat seriously. "Watch me, Kang."

Out of nowhere, a cheerful voice greeted them. "Hey- Hel..lo.." That voice stopped at the sight of them trying to eat one another. "Another quarrel? Can you two-"

"Shup up, Jungkook!" A fuming Seulgi blurted before fleeing the scene head held up high.

"Tsk.." Jungkook clicked his tongue watching the female prosecutor headed away. "As expected.. She is like a hungry lion when she is pissed off." He added innocently.

Jimin glared at him for his statement. "Okay, okay. Sorry, hyung." He grinned sheepishly. "Anyway~ you win, right? Let's celebrate!"

Jimin thought for a while and etched a smile. "Let's!"

___

Seulgi just entered her car when she received a text shortly after.

I'll stay out a bit late, honey. See you 😘

She sighed as she already expected that. So she started her car and buckled up. As she realised the time, she wasted no more and hit the gas. Praying she wouldn't be late to her destination.

Thirty minutes later, when she arrived she silently cursed herself. She can be late to many other things but not this. It always turned out bad. So taking a deep breath she walked with an excited expression hoping that the one waiting wouldn't be mad.

When she saw the figure sitting down, head on the knees, evidently tired her heart went weak. Carefully, she approached the said person and called out as soft as possible. "Hana.. Baby.."

At the sound of her voice, the other person looked up with a frown but quickly that switched to a smile causing her eyes to crescent.

Immediately, Seulgi was hugged on her thighs. "Mommy!"

"Aigoo~ My little princess." Seulgi knelt to match the height of Hana. "Sorry, mommy is late. My baby is not angry, right?" She asked afraid of what the reply was going to be. To her surprise, Hana shook her head.

"No~ Daddy said I must not get angry." She said in her adorable voice. "If not he won't buy me ice-cream."

Seulgi laughed. "Aww thank you. Our Hana is so smart." She kissed the little girl countless times before carying her. "Come, let's go home."

___

It was eight in the evening when Jimin got home. He walked straight to the kitchen and as predicted he saw his favourite sight, his lady, washing the dishes wearing and apron and hair tied up in a messy ponytail.

Without warning he hugged the figure from the back. "I'm home." He said softly as he rested his head on her shoulder taking in her familiar scent.

She continued doing her chores and let him stayed in his position. "Having fun?" She asked sarcastically.

Noting her tone, he loosened his embrace just so that he could turn her body around and face him. He looked at her unreadable expression. Maybe because of her profession but sometime it was hard to decipher just by reading her face. So to cut the chase he would just ask her. "Are you angry?"

To his relief, her face softened at his question. "No, I am not. Your daughter is, though."

His eyes widened. A sudden realisation hit him. "That's right. I promised her ice-cream!"

That earned him a dissatisfied looked as she creased her brows. "If I knew this is going to happen, I wouldn't let you win today." She spoke in a teasing manner.

"Eh..?" He uttered confused by her words but she then chuckled,

"Jokes!" She playfully pinched his nose and squeezed his chubby cheeks. "You did so well today. I am proud of you, Attorney Park Jimin." She finished off with a peck on his lips.

Jimin couldn't help but to smile widely. He tightened his hold around her slim waist once again. "And you too, Prosecutor Kang Seulgi." He gave her forehead a soft kiss. "I love you, honey."

They stayed fix for a couple of minutes until Seulgi pushed him gently. "Go.. Hana is waiting. Make sure she doesn't stay mad. Okay?" She instructed sternly. "Oh~ I love you too." She added before turning back to her dishes.

___