Hello

It's Spring of 2020. A woman came out of the Arrival gate of Incheon International Airport pushing her baggage trolley.

"Hello, Korea! My hometown" She greeted excitedly to no one but more to herself.

It's exactly 6 years since she last set her feet on the Korean soil she missed so dearly. It's definitely good to be back and it's still felt like home she thought.

A twenty-four year old Kang Seulgi has finally came home after staying in Japan following her family since her father was posted there.

It's kind of funny that for the whole six years she's been away and it's also not on the other side of the world she managed to not return to Korea when everyone else in her family did thay often.

This time, too, if not because of her mom who forced her to accept the job offer she didn't know of she would still be in Japan. She had no idea why her mom was so keen to send her back to Korea.

So yeah speaking of the job offer, she was gonna start her new job as a kindergarten teacher in one of the schools in Gangnam. She loves kids so she thought that it's actually a good idea.

---

"Welcome to our school, Kang Seulgi-ssi." The school's principal gave her a warm welcome as they shook hands. "We hope you will enjoy your time here. I am sure the kids will love you."

She smiled and thank him. The principal, Mr Bae, is actually a good friend of her parents so she immediately assumed that's how she got the job.

As she was led to her classroom by one of the teachers, she was told that the school was one of the elite schools in Seoul and many of their students came from important and influential families. That actually scared her off. What if her students were spoiled little kids? What if she made mistakes as their teacher?

"But don't worry, Seulgi-ssi. We also taught them a lot about good conduct and courtesy, that's one of the school's missions anyway. So this isn't just like any other schools for rich people. Besides, the young ones are actually so innocent you will love them."

And so it was true which she was very glad of. All in all there are around twenty students in her class. She was lucky that most of then listened to her very and were not afraid of her despite it was their first meeting.

There was this one little girl that particularly caught her attention because of her cute chubby appearance and her loudness. Somehow ever since the first time she entered the classroom, the young girl already became clingy to her.

"Teacher, I like you."

"Teacher, you are pretty."

"Teacher, he took my pencil."

"Teacher, my hands are dirty."

Park Daeul. That's the name of her four year old student. She actually reminded her of herself as a young kid. Bold and confident. So naturally Seulgi likes her even from the beginning.

One day she noticed how Daeul looked so sad and that upset her because Daeul was always so cheerful and smiling. It was a rare sight to her.

"Daeul-ah.. why do you look sad, darling?" She asked the young one gently. "Is something wrong?"

She shook her head but refused to say anything.

So Seulgi took her small hands and looked at her in the eyes. "Aigoo, my baby shouldn't be sad because she doesn't look cute anymore." She tried to console her. "You want to look cute right?"