"Mio Dio Katrina, I'm sorry. Just a couple more steps to go." Her lips thinned out and she nodded her head once, to let him know that she understood. She felt weightless and before she knew it, her hands loosened the grip on his shirt, and she could no longer hold her head up. Her body became limp in his arms as her vision blurred. His grip on her tighten, he wanted to shake her but wouldn't because it could cause her pain.

"Katrina, don't close your eyes. Let me see those pretty, green eyes. You have to be strong and hold on, both of you do." His voice was hoarse and his body stiff. One of the bodyguards pushed the Doctor's door open frantically; Alonzo entered and carefully laid her down on a cold examination bed. The bed provided little comfort to her trembling body.

She heard Maria's frantic voice in the background and Alonzo shouting orders. She tried to stay in tune with what was happening around her, but she could only focus on Alonzo. He was on the edge of his last nerve. He ran his hand through his hair, which made it stand up and go in every direction possible. His eyes shifted back and forth nervously following the movements of his cousin. Katrina could tell that her strong husband was nothing but a bundle of nerves, and if he couldn't be strong right now then she had to be.

She felt her dress pushed up past her waist and her panties pulled off. Her legs bent at the knees as Maria placed her feet into the ice-cold stirrups; she felt so exposed. She reached for Alonzo then, grasping his hand to show him a sign of her own strength. While Maria performed a pelvic exam and an ultrasound, she kept her eyes trained on her husband. He swept the hair stuck to her forehead back where it belonged. He looked back at her with such strong emotions showing in his eyes that she had to turn her head and blink away the tears that started to form in her eyes.

She licked at her dry cracked lips as Maria went between her legs with a warm cloth. She paled and her eyes widened when she saw the blood on the cloth, Alonzo squeezed her hand so tight that she had to pull a little to let him know that it hurt; he immediately loosened his grip. Maria took her feet out the stirrups, pulled her dress down, and asked her to sit up. Katrina did as instructed; Maria sighed and ran her hand through her hair.

"Although the cramps must have been painful, there was a minimal amount of blood, which is a good sign that the baby is still hanging on in there."

She let out the breath that she'd been holding, and heard Alonzo exhale as well. She felt like a child about to get a beating, the way Maria look between Alonzo and herself, with a demanding stare.

"You must be careful Katrina you're still in your first trimester. You have five weeks until you get to your second trimester and some of these things should calm down. At twenty weeks, miscarriage will be an almost forgotten topic. Your whole pregnancy will not go smoothly, but the first trimester is the most critical time during your pregnancy."

You both must be very careful, though there is no proof that stress or sexual activity causes miscarriage, I must ask that you hold off on such activities until I give you the thumbs up. Refrain from stressful environments and situations." She said talking to her while looking directly at Alonzo, who had turned a remarkable shade of red.

Katrina couldn't help the blush that graced her cheeks as well.

"When you're comfortable enough to move, a warm bath should soothe your sore muscles. I recommend a week of bed rest after a mandatory night of observation. In situations like this I would have you admitted to the hospital for your night of observation or until the bleeding stops fully but..." she looked up at Alonzo then.

"If she must go to the hospital then we'll head over to the hospital after her bath. We'll stay as long as the doctor sees fit." He answered and she couldn't help but notice how strong his voice sounded.