Alexander

"I love this doll!" My sister used to say.
It was true. Alexander was Easter's favorite doll.
He was the perfect size, and his eyes were simply perfect. They matched hers almost perfectly.
Those chilling gray eyes.
We had a camper back then, and my Gram allowed us to play in it, using the vessel as a house. Easter was always the mom, I was always her daughter, and Alexander was always the favorite. The baby, the "amazing", the perfect child.
But every night, we would go to bed. We had to sleep together, you see. We'd strap Alexander in the stroller and set him in the closet. The closet had no doors.
One night, Easter woke me, crying and delirious.
"Meggie, wake up!"
I sat up, and then I heard it. The tiny pitter patter of feet.
Now, my 8 year old self didn't understand at all. She just thought of mice.
"It's just a mouse," I said, trying to reassure her.
"No! Alexander's not in his stroller!"
I looked towards the foot of the bed, and sure enough he wasn't there.
"J-Just go to bed, we'll ask Gram tomorrow."
I finally settled her down and got her to sleep, and then I fell asleep myself.
The next morning I woke to hear people talking, so I snuck out of bed, and creeped through the hallway. It was my two cousins, Greg and Fester, and my sister. They were talking.
Now I can't remember exactly what was being said, but I remember small things, like "Possessed" and "Ghost."
But when I asked, they said I was too young to know, which really made me mad.

A few years later, when I was about 11, my sister and I, my sister being 13 now, were having a picnic. We had sandwiches, juice, and chips out in the front yard of Gram's house.
"Hey Easter. What happened to that doll, Alexander?"
"Oh, Greg, Fester and I ripped off it's head and buried it, then she burned the body and threw it in the woods." Then she smiled creepily, "Wanna see the head?"
I nodded intently, then Easter grabbed a shovel, and began to dig down by the old shed.
She dug and dug and dug.
But we never found the head of Alexander Lee Martin.

Based off of a real life experince,
Names Changed.