Without you

*James POV*
I rubbed my swollen tiered eyes on the sleeve of my hoodie. Today has been 1 year, 1 year since my life was turned upside down. It was suppose to be the happiest day of my life, seeing my first child born. But it soon turned into my worst nightmare.

*Flashback*
"James, I-i need you" I heard Riley whisper through the phone.
"Why, what's wrong are you okay?" I ask concerned whilst locking the studio doors.
"I- I need to push" She moaned down the phone. Her waters had broken earlier this morning, but she assured me that I could teach a dance class before we needed to get to the hospital.
"I'm coming baby girl, hold on" I soothed. I was already in the car racing back to the apartment.

Riley fell pregnant at age 20. It wasn't planned, but we decided on keeping and raising the baby. Not long after we bought a apartment in the centre of Toronto. It was ideal as it was close to the studio where we worked.

"Riles babe, where are you?" I shout as I burst through the door. I hear a scream coming from the bedroom and quickly sprint inside.
"Hey, hey, I'm here shh baby it's okay" I soothe whilst rubbing her back. She's sat on our double bed,leaning her sweaty head on the headboard with her legs bent in front.
"It's coming!" She whimpered loudly as she squeezes my hand. I'm pretty sure I lost the feeling in it for a while.
"Did you call for an ambulance?" I ask. Riley shook her head and I quickly phoned for one.
"I-I'm scared" she whimpered whilst tears ran down her cheek. I wiped them with my thumb "don't cry, soon we will have our own little boy."

I couldn't be more wrong.

After a few minutes of Riley screaming and moaning as she felt an urge to push, the ambulance crew arrived. Riley had always been afraid of hospitals so I tried my best to comfort her.
"Yep,baby's coming" one of the paramedics called out whilst poking around down there. I kisses Riles head as she whimpered. Each whimper was quieter and quieter...

"James, James" Riley cried
"s-something's wrong."
"Shh baby girl, your ok, your doing great" I say stroking her forehead. She continued trying to push for another couple of minutes.

The ambulance crew had decided it was too late to take her to hospital- the baby was coming now. I held Riles hand as she moaned and whimpered. This continued for a little while but her breathing had oddly calmed down a lot.

"She's bleeding!" One of the paramedics called out. I was so frightened,I didn't think this was normal.
"What's happening!?" I question impatiently. Without hesitation I look down between her legs and the towels and bedsheets are stained red in thick dark blood.

"Shh Rile- oh my god Riley!" I cry out as i realise her eyes are shut and she's lay still. "Help her!" I scream to the paramedics who immediately put an oxygen mask on her face and try getting her heart pumping. That's when it kicked in.

My baby girl wasn't breathing. At that point I knew I had lost her.

*end of flashback*

By now I was crying my heart out. I couldn't help but blame myself for what happend. I lost her, and she lost her life.
I shakily get to my feet and walk down the quiet hallway to the spare room. It was painted a light blue colour with some toys and a crib. I peered inside- it was empty.

Nine months we waited for the baby. Nine fucking months. On the calendar in the kitchen we had the due date marked as "meeting our son" with a little picture Riley had drawn. Little did we know that that date was the day I would loose my girlfriend, my unborn son and my world.

Since that day I had never been myself. I had nothing to live for- my family weren't close and Rileys parents had lost contact. I was completely alone...

Things would never be the same.
----
Eww this is rubbish and the song doesn't even fit :/