I Think I'm Falling For You

Brendon was right. Tyler was dead, he was completely useless. He tilted his head even more, causing me to tilt my head so I wouldn't lose eye contact. It's like those nut brown eyes of his just pulled me into a trance.

"So, sweetheart, who's it gonna be, me or Tyler?" His eyebrow raised and I was left questioning myself.

"You," It slipped from my mouth. I couldn't control it, it's like Brendon was controlling me. He smiled and lost eye contact with me

It felt like I regained control of my body, but by the time I was gonna disagree with Brendon, he was already ordering us some drinks.

"Wait! What did you order me?" I asked, getting a little annoyed.

"I got you a scotch, it's good, don't worry." He gave me a hand motion that signalled it wasn't a big deal. I looked at him and just rolled my eyes.

"What did you get for yourself?" I asked, placing my chin in my hands and seeming so interested in what he was gonna say.

"Just an Iced Tea."

"Switch with me, I don't want alcohol. I've never had a drink and I plan to keep it that way." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Just try some, you'll like it." He said, taking the menu and looking at it. I copied his movements and took a gander at the menu. This restaurant was a five star one, but this time it had stuff on the menu that I knew.

The waiter came back and handed Brendon and I our drinks.

"Is there anything I can get you guys to eat?" The waiter asked.

"I'll get a salad with blue cheese." Said Brendon, giving the waiter his menu.

"And you ma'am?"

"I'll have the chicken Parmesan, with a side of Goat Cheese Gratin." I smiled, trying to make him just a little happy, considering how depressed he looked.

"Thank you." There was no expression in his voice. The waiter left and it was just Brendon and I again.

Brendon's POV

Faelecia was refusing to drink the scotch, which didn't surprise me. She loves to get what she wants, but with me, it's always about what I want, not what she wants.

"Alright doll, I've played this easy with you, but if you don't drink that scotch I'll force it down your throat, which is way worse." Her eyes widened and she took the scotch in her hands, taking a quick little sip. A for effort, I guess.

"Whoa, this is actually pretty good, other than the burning sensation at the back of my throat." She said, taking another sip of it, but making a face for when it burned.

"Told you."

Later on into the date, Faelecia had gotten drunk. She had not only drunken scotch, but she had also had a martini, two gins and a shot of Vodka. Now, you may be wondering "Brendon, why would you let Faelecia have so many drinks?". Well, I wanted her to get drunk, just to see what she's like. No, I'm not gonna do anything bad, don't worry, I'm not a monster.

"Brendon, you should take us home." She slurred, getting up, but falling back into her seat. I laughed, people are always funny when they're drunk, but when they're people that you love, it's funnier and cuter.

I got up and stuck out a hand for her. She high-fived it and laughed.

"Gotcha!" She yelled, causing everyone around us to turn their heads and stare.

"Get back to your meals. This has nothing to do with you guys." I shouted, causing everyone to go back to what they were doing.

Faelecia laughed and hooked her arms around my neck.

"Can we go home?" She asked, staring me in the eye, then smiling and laughing as hard as she could. She was cute, especially when she was drunk.

I helped her out of the restaurant and we got into the car. She laughed the whole time, and sometimes would cry, but she never said why.

The ride home consisted of me answering Faelecia's questions, which were really weird. Most of them would be,

"Why does your hair always look like cotton candy?"

"When did your forehead grow another forehead?"

All of those types of questions.

"Brendon? I love you! I may not act like it, but it's only because I miss Tyler and I'm too upset to say it. Tyler was a good guy and all, but I need something exciting, like you. You bring new stuff to the table all the time and step up your game. Tyler never did that, and I want to be with you. My non-drunk self won't say it, but I need you to know that I love you." She said, taking a quick, drunk looking, gander out the window and then looking at me. Her bottom lip was pouted out and her eyes were normal, but they were cuter than ever.

I laughed and shrugged off the fact that what she said was true. I believe it, for sure I do. I just knew that when I told her in the morning, she would tell me that she was drunk and it's not true whatsoever, which will lead me to roll my eyes.

She fell asleep while I finished driving home. I hummed some Frank Sinatra on the way there. Of course I liked other artists, I'm not so self-concentrated.

When I got home, Faelecia was fast asleep. She had her mouth slightly opened and she made a cute little noise every time she took a breath out.

I did care about Faelecia, deeply, it's just that my over-protective side comes out a lot, and I just want to take care of her. She means the world to me, and if anything ever happened to her, I could never forgive myself.

I picked her up and carried her inside of the house. We both went upstairs into my room. I woke her up because I didn't want her to sleep in the dress, but there was also no way I was going to put her pyjamas on myself.

"Faelecia, wake up! You can put your pyjamas on and the go to bed, alright?" I whispered in her ear, slightly shaking her body on the bed. She stirred and opened her eyes.

I helped her up as she stumbled into the bathroom with her pyjamas. I quickly took off my pants and replaced them with my pyjama ones. I took off my white overcoat and black button-down.

Faelecia stumbled out of the bathroom, her pyjamas on correctly, which surprised me.

She walked to the bed and laid down, quickly falling asleep. I walked into the bathroom and took one of her makeup remover wipes, walking back out towards the bed.

I lightly started to wipe all of the make up off, until she had a clean face. I got in bed as well. Faelecia stirred and woke up.

"Move closer so I can lay my head on your chest, please."