<22> Everything Was Perfect.

Percy fixed his hair in the mirror after slipping on some nice clothes, and clean, before sighing and walking out of the master bedroom finding Annabeth in skinny jeans, flats and a navy blue blouse. Her golden blond curly hair was pulled up into a high pony tail just like Percy liked it.

Percy smiled and sauntered over to his wife before putting his hands on her hips and looking into her eyes. "I like the blouse, blue. My favorite color. Was this planned?" He asked and Annabeth smiled a light chuckle escaping her lips.

She nodded lightly before draping her arms around his neck and looking into his eyes. "Yes, actually it was." She exhaled out her mouth her breath smelling like watermelon flavor. Her chapstick. Percy had a feeling he'd be kissing her watermelon chapstick flavored lips later.

"Are you ready to go Mrs. Jackson?" He asked and she kissed his lips lightly. "Our chariot awaits!" She exclaimed in a playful manor and Percy chuckled before grabbing her hand and leading her out to the car where he opened the door for her.

Annabeth sat down and he closed the door before going to the other side and getting in the drivers seat. He then leaned over towards Annabeth and gave her lips a light peck as he started the car.

"Where are we going?" Annabeth asked as Percy backed out of their driveway. Percy laughed lightly. "Only time will tell." He flashed Annabeth his trademark smirk that used to have all the women in the crowd swooning. But all it prodded Annabeth to do was cross her arms over her chest and grunt in dissatisfaction as she started muttering things under her breath like unfair.

Percy drove and drove as they listened to music and talked Annabeth asking every once in a while where they were going but Percy always told her to be patient which Annabeth wasn't good at in this case. She wanted to know where they were going to end up and she wanted to know now.

But Percy revealed nothing, only whispering the occasional I love you into the comfortable silence the music playing in the background.

Percy couldn't imagine a better life than this, even with all the riches and fame of his past life nothing compared to being in the same car as Annabeth. As living in the same house as her. As having two beautiful children whom Percy had grown to love so much. Just this existence. His new friends, the town he had grown up in. All of it made this life better.

Percy was glad whatever had pulled him from his past life did. He was glad he could never go back.

Percy saw the road that was beginning to be abandoned making him smile. It was the one place he always remembered even in his past life. 

He put on his turn signal and slowed down to make the turn as Annabeth sat in silence looking around as if she knew where they were but she couldn't quite place it. Percy drove slowly on the gravel road that grass had sprouted through so easily over the years. The tires made a light crunching sound on the gravel which was soothing to the ears. Percy moved his foot to the break and made the car stop before shutting it off and sighing the evening sunlight coming in through the front window.

"We're here." Percy whispered before exiting the car as Annabeth did also the cool wind blowing over them making them pull their jackets on tighter. Annabeth stepped forward as Percy led the way. They slowly made their way through the now overgrown trees that hadn't been attended to since forever ago. Finally they pushed through and they found themselves facing the lake that they used to swim in together as kids.

Annabeth suddenly gasped throwing a hand up over her mouth.

"Percy it's-" She cut herself off and looked at him happiness laced in her eyes as Percy smiled and nodded at her. 

Annabeth squealed and wrapped her arms around him squeezing him in a loving and excited hug as she bounced a little on her feet. 

She pulled away and looked back at the lake. "I haven't been here in years!" She exclaimed with another gasp as they both beheld the beauty of the setting sun glistening over the cold lake water.

"Well, I was thinking we could bring the kids here. I mean, when it's warm." Percy chuckled and Annabeth nodded excitedly before smiling more than she already was. She squealed lightly before jumping into Percy's arms wrapping her legs around his waist making him fall back into the grass in surprise, his arms wrapping around her as they fell to the cool ground.

Annabeth kissed Percy all over his face making him chuckle and laugh as she kissed him over-excitedly. "I love you!" She gave him a big kiss on the lips and they both started laughing before cuddling on the ground as they looked up at the sky through the trees.

~~

Percy was walking back from the car with the flowers he had bought her when he found her standing at the edge of the lake looking over the water her arms crossed over her chest.

Percy sneaked up behind her and surprised her by kissing her neck and blowing on it making her jerk away as she exclaimed his name.

Percy laughed and she looked at him before looking down to the flowers he had brought her. "Are those for me?" She asked and Percy rolled his eyes. "No, I bought them for my girlfriend- Of course they're for you!" He exclaimed and she giggled before grabbing the flowers from his hands and smelling them before letting out content sigh.

The moment was perfect, the sun was setting giving the place a warm glow and the buzz and click of bugs gave them a calm feeling as they looked over the lake together.

Percy stepped closer to Annabeth and wrapped an arm around her waist. "I love you." He whispered in her ear before he kissed her cheek. She smiled and leaned into his touch grabbing his hand and holding it in her own. Lacing her fingers through his and Percy sighed contently. He never wanted to let go of her. Never let her leave his arms. Her pressing up against her as he protected her by holding her close. He wished they could stay like that forever.

Everything was perfect.

For one second.

As they starred at the lake Percy's head began to throb. "Ah.." Percy put a hand up to his head letting go of Annabeth's hand as the pain in his head began to increase rapidly.

"Percy?" Annabeth turned to look at him from the lake as his head pounded.

"Percy are you ok!?" She exclaimed the flowers he had given her dropping onto the ground as she put all her attention onto him.

"Ahh! Annabeth it hurts!" He exclaimed suddenly feeling pain in his chest also. "Percy, it'll be ok." Annabeth said as Percy slowly sank to the ground, Annabeth guiding him so it wasn't a direct fall.

Going back-

Voices rang through his head his vision slowly becoming blurry Annabeth soon being just a blur as if he was looking through moving water at her. "Percy? Percy!"

No more-

Percy panted as his chest began to feel heavy. "Annabeth I-I- love-" Annabeth cut him off with a kiss before looking into his eyes and whispering. "Percy, I love you."

Then his vision turned black and Percy faded away from reality.

<~~>

Ok, I was almost crying as I wrote this so don't say I have no feelings okay?

#it'sfortheplotsodon'tworry #ordo #loljustbuckleyourseatbelts #causethisisgonnabearoughroad