<7> The Universe Is Against Me.

It was Monday, and Percy had a job. Though he didn't remember since all of Sunday they were doing whatever and lounging all day sleeping and eating. Sunday was a relaxing day for that family Percy guess.

Percy's alarm went off at about almost 6 AM. Percy groaned before rolling over and turning it to snooze as he rolled back into the warm sheets of the bed and falling back to sleep.

9 minutes  later the alarm went off again, and Percy turned it off. Again.

This process went on for about an hour until Annabeth sat up and leaned on her elbow looking at the clock before nudging Percy.

"Percy, honey wake up." She shook his shoulder gently and Percy groaned before rolling over.

"Ugh, Percy. You're gonna be late. And we need that money." Annabeth said nudging him more until she finally kicked his butt to get him to wake up.

"Get up! You've gotta job!" She said as Percy rolled off the bed before scrambling to his feet.

"Huh, when does my shift start?" He asked and Annabeth scoffed. "Twenty minutes!" She exclaimed in a hushed voice so she didn't wake the kids which she home schooled.

Percy's eyes widened and he grabbed clothes from his dresser before running to the shower and hopping in quickly before brushing his teeth and trying to comb his un-tamable hair.

He looked for his spray that he usually used to untangle his hair but as he was halfway down searching he remembered he didn't live that life anymore.

Percy groaned and ran out before slipping on his tennis shoes and running out the door before staring the car and driving to the mechanic shop that Zoe had pointed out he worked at.

On the way there he seemed to hit every red light in existence. "Come on." Percy murmured tapping the steering wheel with his fingers as he waited impatiently.

Since nobody was on the lonely road Percy decided that he could go, he wouldn't hurt anyone.

He drove past a little above the speed limit and before long he heard police car sirens and the red white and blue lights.

Percy groaned and pulled over before hitting his head repeatedly off the steering wheel muttering why's and of course's as he waited for the cop to come give him a fee for going through a red light and going above the speed limit. 

Percy heard knuckles be tapped on his window and he stopped hitting his head before rolling the window down and looking at the cop who had a blue suit on and the traditional hat with super awesome looking black shades that made Percy even hate the cop more.

They went over the usual routine as the cop looked at the sheet he had in his hands. "So, you ran a red light, and were going above the speed limit?"

Percy was contemplating murder. He was really late for work. And Annabeth said they needed the money.

"Yes, officer." Percy looked ad the steering wheel trying not to look at the cop hoping he would think Percy was sorry and let him off with a warning to slow down and wake up earlier for his job next time.

Then the cop looked up from the sheet. "Oh, it's just you Percy." 

Whaaa-?  Who-?

Percy looked at the cop quizzically for a moment before he took his rad sunglasses off to show his ice blue eyes.

"Jason, the only cop friend you have."

"Oh! Yeah right!" Percy exclaimed before they shook hands and he recalled that Piper had married Thalia's long lost little brother.