Chapter 17: The Story Of Luke Castellan

Authors Note: "Finally" So originally I wanted this to be in Amycus' POV but its a lot better in Aqua's. This whatcha been waitin for? Haha here ya go!

Chapter 17: The story of Luke Castellan

Aqua's POV

"Mom!" Amycuz shouted as I slammed the door to our apartment

"In here honey, give me a moment." I shouted from my room.

Amycus shook the doorknob, checking to see if it was locked... I locked the door anytime i was going threw Luke's things.

You see, Amycus doesn't know who his father is and i think its best that way. Luke was astonishing and he wouldve made a great father, but how exactly do you tell your son that his father died in the Titan war on the Titans side. I raised my son to apreashiate the gods, Luke wouldve wanted it that way.

Its not like their there for him more than my father was there for Percy and I, but ever since Luke and the deal Percy made with the gods things have been looking up for Demi-Gods. Amycus may only be a descendant but hes important in his own way. His father was a hero and he will be just as great as his father.

I put the lock threw the holes of the chest and pushed the chest containing all of Luke's things under my bed, where it belongs when Amycus is home, for all he knows theres nothing under my bed.

I opened the door to see Amycus on the couch munching on some sugar cookies.

"Whered ya get these?" He raised the cookie in the air

"I made them." I said

He put the cookie down and turned towards me as he laughed, "Yea right. I love you mom, but your cooking is horrid."

I smiled, "Yes, I know. Your grandmother dropped them by this morning. She says Happy Birthday darling."

Amycus smiled, "Dads mom?"

I frowned as my head went down, "No. Why would you ask that?"

"Its just you never talk about him or his mom and I hoped she knew would say something this year. I mean, I know dad ran away but he still cared about her right?"

"Honestly, your father was terrified of her."

"What? Why?" He questioned, "Mom please, all you ever say about dad is that He died a hero and his father was Hermes."

I sat next to my son as he turned towards me again, "Thats all you need to know."

"I dont even know his name!" He screamed

"Amycus Autolicus Castellan, you hush your tone."

"Im sorry, i just dont understand why you wont tell me more." He said quietly as he looked at me with hopeful eyes

I stood and pointed to his room, "Go get packed, were headed back to camp tonight."

"I dont know why we even go, its not like Percy is nice to you, and neither Poseidon or Hermes ever talk to me." Amycus moaned

I sat back down and stroked his short auburn hair, "Remember what I told you, you got lucky. To Hermes and Poseidon, family is everything, but they still have to follow Zues' rules."

"Let me know when your finished packing." I patted his shoulder, got back up, and went to my room with the door wide open.

***Two hours later***

Amycus knocked on my door, even though it was still open, "Done packing... Whats that?" He pointed to the sword on my bed

I patted the floor, "Come here."

He sat next to me and studied the sword, then turned back to me.

"Every Demi-God or in your case, descendant, needs a sword. I know you allready have one... But this one is special."

"What do you mean "special"?" Amycus questioned

"Backbitter is made of both tempered steel and celestial bronze, It was your fathers."

Amycus looked at me with surprise, "This was dads?"

I nodded, "Yes," I picked up a picture on my bed, it had four young demi-gods and a saytar, I held it out to my son, "this is for you as well."

He looked at me in confusion, "Who are these people?"

I smiled and pointed to the curly haired weirdo on the far left, "That is Grover Underwood, hes a very amazing satar. He brought your uncle, aunt, and I together," I moved my finger to the next younge girl with long blonde hair and giant smile, "that is your aunt Annabeth Chase," i moved my finger over again, now pointing to my seaweed brain of a brother, "thats your uncle, Percy Jackson," now pointing at the short young girl with long dark hair and bright smile, i remembered how great things were back when i was a teenager, at least before Amycus came along, "thats me. And you see the boy there with his arm wrapped around me, thats your father, Luke Castellan."

Amycus looked at me in shock, "My father is Luke Castellan?!"

I laughed, "Yes."

"But... But hes a legend, a hero, he sacraficed himself to saved us."

My smile wavered as i looked at the picture, it was from my first time at Camp Half-Blood, i missed Luke so much, "Yes sweetheart, he did."

Amycus hugged me tight and smiled, "Thanks mom, im proud to be Luke Castellan's son."

I smiled, "Good, you should be."

"Mom? Um while your telling me all this... You said dad died before i was born..."

"Yes, why?"

"Um... Well... Did he ever know about me?"

I sighed, "No, i had no idea at the time either. But i assure you, your father wouldve been so happy to know. And he wouldve been a great father to you."

Amycus gave me a half smile, "Do you know what happened to him? ... I mean after he died?"

"Well, when your father was dying he talked about possibly being reborn and going to alyssum. Why?"

"Well maybe we could find him in hell or here?"

I rubbed Amycus' shoulder, "It doesnt work like that sweetheart. Your cousin Nico told me that he wasnt able to find your father in hell, therefor he most likely has been reborn, but there are so many people in this world, the chances of finding him are one in a million. And even if we by some chance find your father, when someone is reborn they dont remember anything about their past life's."

A tear ran down Amycus' face as he stood up, "Alright, lets go."