Chapter 7: I trust you

"Annabeth..." I said, quietly and carefully

She just looked at me

"Aqua, what is going on?" Annabeth said following my example

"Percy and I... Well... We... Um... Teamed up..." I said even quieter

"What!..." Annabeth would have said more, but I put my hand over her mouth, before she could say anything else...

"Shhh..." I said with my hand still over her mouth, "Don't say a word, just let me explain..." I paused "I may be on The Titan Lord's side, but that doesn't mean that I want my family dying..."

"HFGXDRHTREEGHJUHHHHNGHRHELPDBHGBDGHHTHTGNRHNFHMGHFGDIE?" Annabeth said with my hand on her mouth, but it didn't sound like English or Greek... In fact it didn't sound like a language at all!

I took my hand off of her mouth... "Say what you just said, but quietly..."

Annabeth nodded, "Does Kronos know that your on our side?"

"I never said that I was on your side, I just said that I didn't you all killed!"

"Annabeth, Aqua is helping us, we might as well let her." Hermes said

"I still don't trust her." Athena said

"We know!" All of the gods noted

"Aqua?" Annabeth asked me

"Yes, Annabeth..."

"If we..." Annabeth paused as if trying to think of what to say "When we get out of here, are you coming with us?"

I looked behind me on the floor, ashamed, because they all missed me, but I... I couldn't leave Luke, no, not now!

Finally, I said "No, I can't."

"Why not?!?" I could tell that Annabeth was loosing her patients with me, her face was turning red and she was reaching for her knife, the one that Luke had given her, when she was reaching for it, I thought 'Why would she keep that, if Luke had given it to her in a promise that he would always be there...' then that thought led to another and another...

'Luke had promised Annabeth that he would be there, what would have happened if I didn't join Luke?' and, 'Would Luke abandon me?'

"Annabeth, you have to understand, I can't come with you, This is where I belong and I'm NOT leaving!"

As I said that, I wondered if Luke was behind the door, then I heard a scream, it sounded like Atlas's whimpy version of a tantrum, translation he sounded like one of those five-year-old when they are at the store, the conversation usually goes like this:

Little kid: Mommy can I have a lollipop?

Mom: No, were only here to get lettuce.

Little kid: But mommy...

Mom: No means No!

Little kid: *Looks at dad* Daddy!

Dad: Your mother said no, so no.

Little kid: *Starts jumping up and down with anger*  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*The kid gets in trouble and isn't allowed out of the house for a month, besides school, but usually the kid gets what he/she wanted... so lollipop!*

But, back to the story...

While Atlas was screaming like a little kid, I heard Luke, faintly, but I heard him say, "Thalia, join us, were friends, remember?" Thalia was arguing with Luke, but I couldn't hear her clearly...

"It's because of Luke." Annabeth guessed

I was still looking at the floor behind me, when Poseidon decided that it was time to speak up...

"Aqua, sweetheart, I trust your judgement in Luke, but I do want you to come home, so does your mother." He put his hand on my shoulder and I felt like someone understood me.

"Icantlukeneedsme." I mumbled, still looking at the floor

"Aqua." My father said

I didn't answer

"Aqua?"

I was quiet

"Aqua, you look at me, NOW!"

I turned my head and focused on Poseidon's green eyes, they showed his past, all he had been threw with his father, my grandfather, also known as Kronos, The Titan Lord.

"Dad, I can't."

"And why not?"

"Luke needs me now, more than ever!"

"Sweetheart, please..." It looked like my dad was going to cry, then I remembered, I am Poseidon's ONLY daughter, I have no sisters but a tone of brothers! "Why does Luke need you?"

"Ask Hermes, he knows."

"Aqua!" Hermes yelled

"Well, Aqua, there is one thing that I don't wan't you to forget, ever!" Poseidon said

"What is that?"

"I trust you."

I started to cry and Poseidon wiped the tears from my eyes... 'I trust you.' He had told me, the only thought I had running around in my head was 'How could these people trust me, I betrayed them, TWICE!'