Writer's Block On Wattpad

It's common knowledge that a lot of people made a Wattpad account so they could write stories. Wattpad is great, because unlike writing a story on Google Docs or Word, other people can view and enjoy your creativity. 

But, of course, Wattpad also has people waiting on an update if your story has any amount of fans/readers- from 1 person to over a thousand. And when you have a serious case of Writer's Block, it can effect both you and your readers more than anyone realizes. 

So, here are the struggles and results of having that terrible case of Writer's Block.

As a wannabe Writer (I say this because I'm one of those turds who are super self conscious about their writing) Writer's Block is my worst enemy

As a wannabe Writer (I say this because I'm one of those turds who are super self conscious about their writing) Writer's Block is my worst enemy. And to those who don't write that much, Writer's Block is like an army of knights who stormed your brain and killed any possible idea or creativity in your mind and made it physically impossible for you to come up with anything entertaining or exciting in your book. 

Example:

"Wow! I have five hours of free time that I can just sit down a write! I can probably finish the chapter I've been working- never mind, I can't even remember what I was going to do for this chapter. How do you spell Barnes? Wait, I think I need a new book cover. Screw my mind."

And as this example shows, Writer's Block comes at the worst possible times. On the weekends, after you finish work, or even at night when you have tons of free time to just sit and type like your name is Barry Allen and your just don't care. 

But, of course, you have to care- because when Writer's Block hits, you can't spell or type even if your gosh darn life depends on it. 

And of course, when your mind goes blank, you just sit staring at your screen for who knows how long. I mean, I'm usually listening to music when I write and it helps me stay focused- but when I get Writer's Block I just sort of make a music video in my head while I'm supposed to be writing out a scene. 

That, or I throw pencils at my cat while he deflects them. He's amazing at pencil tennis. 

Writer's Block is almost torture when you have a popular book with people waiting for an update. I used to have a Junior Avenger's book- and while it only maintained 5K views, I had 1-3 people who really liked it and I updated it all the time for them. 

But when I couldn't think of anything to write, it legit left them waiting in the dark for sometimes weeks at a time. 

They say that writing itself is the cure of Writer's Block- but I must be immune. If anything, it makes my Writer's Block worse. See, I write almost all day. After school and riding practice, I'm writing and writing and writing. It's almost become who I am. If I'm not on the back of a horse, I'm in front of a screen typing up whatever comes to mind.

I'm writing a story on Google Docs for myself that I hope to get published one day (not to the world, but for my family and stuff) and I'm writing this book while writing my Fan Fiction. I even write a lot for school. Needless to say, my computer is my best friend.