Hating On Wattpad

As Taylor Swift said, "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate." That's a lot of hate. But, she wasn't wrong- a writer (even just a reader or a reaper) will experience endless waves of hate from different people on Wattpad. 

I recently was introduced to the world of hate comments. As this story rises, I expect more hate to come my way. Now, hate comments don't bother me anymore and neither do the people to comment them. But they used to. I used to be bullied in school; since then, I learned to stick up for myself and realized that most bullies are all talk. If you stand up to one, they'll go pick on someone else.

And right now, I wouldn't really call hate comments hate. They are just comments meant to hurt the the writer's feelings by insulting their writing, views, and way of making a point. To me, that's a bit different than full on hate, but nevertheless, I call it hate. 

Also, here are a few types of hate on Wattpad.

ONE: COMMENTS. These are a bloody obvious way to hate. Youtubers do videos based off of these; and they are always amusing to those who don't really care what others think. To those who do care, hate comments can get pretty nasty and can lower anyone's self esteem. 

Either they're meant to just pick on someone or they are full-out hate, and the commenter's intention was to cause more than just laughs.

jfxfuh   <<<(we pause this chapter briefly for a word from my cat. he has spoken.) 

These comments not only are sometimes confusing, as to sometimes the comments either makes no sense or it seems like the person who wrote it was just trying to find something to bitch about. (Yes, I said the b-word, arrest me now).

Example:

Story: Tris jumped high, trying to get Four's attention.

Comment: Sure, let's make Tris jump like a kangaroo. You're an idiot, author.

They don't really make any sense and it seems like that person really just felt like being annoying or rude that particular day. 

And there are some that are just plain mean- an example which I cannot provide because my 'mean' will probably be nice. It's hard for me to spit out something really nasty because I feel dirty afterwards. 

It's myself shaming me, telling me I've been a very bad girl. 

Elise's Example:

Story: Vision entered the scene.

Elise's 'Mean' Comment: You're Infinity Stone in your head is soooo ugly, Vision. Get a life smh

Hence, you shall just have to think of any other mean comment's you have seen and enter it in here mentally- because I couldn't make one if my life depended on it.

Why? Because I soft as fudge. #justactslikearebel #basicallyjustpre-serumsteve 

TWO: RANTS. I know I'm not the only one who has been tagged in this super long, hateful rants about a celeb, political situations, other users, a picture, another website, etc... And I never liked these. 

I mean, I don't make hateful rants about a person who listed the names of the Infinity Stones wrong- when it's not illegal for that person to not know every stone's location, name, which movie they appeared in, which comic they appeared in, who has which stone, and so forth. I may have that knowledge myself (cause I'm a huge geek derp) but I've read rants that have been all about someone else not knowing supposed /common knowledge/.