Chapter 40

Anthony's POV:

Counting money in my office, I hear someone yell getting up I grab my gun running to the main room.

Mumbling some inaudible words I saw it was Crystal hugging Princess. I should have assumed it was her loud ass, can't complain that's my baby.

Seeing Jay in the corner smoking from his wax pen I went over dapping him up, taking a hit myself. 
  Going over giving sis a hug, I asked why they were here so early, and why Princess was here at all.

" My nigga tell me why Veronica gon' text me talking about she got something she wanna tell me. Princess, and I go meet her, and she talking bout' she know who shot me. Then she gon' say she can't tell me who the person is because she the only one who know, and all that bull shit. Then the bitch gives me some confusing ass riddle," He says before taking a pull.

"What did the riddle say?" I asked
Princess handed me a paper, and I started reading out loud. When I was done reading Crystal had a confused look on her face.

"That shit is confusing, I feel like one of you .... took the other person .... so the person who shot you .... wants that person back. " Crystal said unsure if what she said was true. It kinda came out like a question.

Thinking about it the X part could mean ex.

"Yo what if the person is a ex because that makes sense with the x part. Then with the whole some people claim others thing. " I said looking at them.

" Your ex's are not that crazy.... they know what the deal is ....." Crystal said to Jayceon.

"If it's one of our ex's we gotta do more then just shoot at them ... because I almost lost you and I'm not down with that." Princess said looking at Jay.

"Aight' so it could only be Tiana, and that Domingo nigga you were dating. Let's get this shit straight right now because I don't have time to be playing any- miny- mo." Jay said.

Crystal's POV:

We were all analyzing the letter part by part.Could never get their name right, but they could never forget yours.

I automatically thought of Derrick. Jayceon is always calling him another name that starts with a D.

Tarell, Kayla, and Lucas walked in. Lucas started yelling at one of the workers, and when he was done he laughed as Kayla hit the back of his head.

I threw the paper at Tarell's face, and he started reading out loud. When he was done it was obvious they all knew what we were doing, because they came over to us, and I assumed they were thinking.

" I think it's Derrick."
"Who?" Jay says with a screwed up face.

"Jay I know you've gone this far with not knowing his name baby, but Derrick is my ex's name not Domingo, Dan, and all that other shit you be calling him. " Princess said playing with her nails.

"Oh that's the nigga who shot me ....bet " he said getting up. We all got up to stop him, but he was faster than all of us, reaching his car by the time we went outside.

" Shit!" Princess yelled.

She took my keys from the side of my pocket, and ran to the car. She quickly drove the way Jayceon did, and then we couldn't see anymore .

"So what we gonna do?" I asked

"Princess gon' stop him, she the only one out of all of us who can control him. When they come back we find out away to kill him, even his family members gotta die I DON'T GIVE A FUCK." Tarell said yelling the last part.

"So much violence in this lifestyle.... I love it " Kayla said smiling hard.

I jumped on her back, and started laughing. We might seem like idiots for liking this lifestyle , and I obviously don't like that Anthony is in it, but all my friends where in it, and when I was younger I feened for a thrill.

Jayceon's POV :

I was two blocks from the niggas house, and I was putting my gun on silent. 
Putting on my hoodie, to disguise my face I walked out the car. Getting ready to walk I get stopped by a small figure.

Getting backed up by the figure on the car,  I look down seeing Princess in a hoodie, doing the same thing as me to disguise her face.

"Get in the car" she demanded.

"Yo Princess... not right now. I'm not in the mood. Let me kill this nigga then I'll be on my way. "

"You sound dumb right now, yea that's the easy way, but the easy way is never the best way. He made me suffer, and you. Now it's his turn to suffer. I know you want to do it now, but it's not the right way right now. He made your gang suffer... we all want in." she said looking sad

I didn't realize how selfish I was being. I looked at her now watery eyes, and waited for the tear to drop to wipe them. " Don't cry ma" I said. She sadly smiled, trying to make me feel better but that didn't work.

" Get in the car Princess" I said

" I have Crystal's car, I can't just leave the car Jay."

" I'm going to call one of the workers to pick it up, don't worry about it. Just. get . in . the . car" I said stopping in between every word.

Nodding her head she got in the passenger seat. I called Tommy to get the car, and he said he was walking, and was a block away so it was fine.

I got in the car, and started driving to my house. Princess fell asleep on the way there, so when we got in the house I picked her up bridal style, and laid her on the bed.

I pull off her clothes, putting on some comfortable clothes for her, which for her would consist of my shirt, and her bonnet. After I took a shower, I got dressed, and got in bed.

Princess rolled over, getting on top of me... I got a big ass baby.... I'm in love with her though.