A Talking HAT?! (Part 1)

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY FOR YET ANOTHER REALLY LATE UPDATE!!! I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE.. AN ENTIRE MOOOONTH!!!!! AGAIN, SOO SORRY :(

(By the way... I should really be doing homework right now but.... who really cares, right?)

3rd Person POV

The demigods all went inside of the castle, following the lady; they got to a huge hall with floating lights. (Candles? who even USES those anymore??) The heroes were lead up to the front with the other midgets, and were lined up infront of the old person table. The oldest old person stood up to begin his grand welcoming speech. 

"Welcome, welcome! Another year is beginning! More learning is to be done! New students to be welcomed! Speaking of new students, before we begin the sorting, I would like to announce the arrival of eight new foreign exchange students! They are from America, and we expect you to treat them with respect." he looked at some students in particular. "They will be sorted first."

Just then, the demigods noticed an old fraying hat sitting on a stool infront of them. It was also then when the hat MOVED. 

"A thousand years or more ago

When I was newly sewn,

There lived four wizards of renown,

Whose names are still well known:

United by a common goal,

They had the selfsame yearning

To make the world's best magic school

And pass along their learning.

Said Slytherin, "We'll teach just those

Whose ancestry's purest."

Said Ravenclaw, "We'll teach those whose

Intelligence is surest."

Said Gryffindor, "We'll teach all those

With brave deeds to their name."

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot

And treat them just the same."

I've done this job for centuries

On every student's head I've sat

Of thoughts I take inventories

For I'm the famous Sorting Hat.

I've sorted high, I've sorted low,

I've done the job through thick and thin

So put me on and you will know

Which house you should be in..."

There was silence for a moment before the student body gave a smattering aplause.  

Now the graying woman stepped forwards. "Chase, Annabeth!" She called.

Annabeth, the smart girl she was, stepped up to the stool and sat the hat on her head. It was obvious, she reasoned. She doubted that the hat would have said to "Put it on" just for kicks. 

Annabeth's POV

'Well, hello! A demigod, eh? I haven't seen one of YOU in AGES... not since the founding AT LEAST...'

'The founding of the school? Who was it?'

'Well,' the hat chuckled, 'It was the founders, of course! Slytherin was a child of Hades, Gryffindor of Mars, Ravenclaw of Athena, and Hufflepuff from Demeter.'

I was surprised. I'm the step sister of a founder of a school for MAGIC!?

'Well, you're a smart one... Like Ravenclaw herself. I guess it better be'

"RAVENCLAW!!!!"

The blue adorned table in question applauded cheerily, and I went to take a seat. 

The female professor stepped forwards once more. "Di' Angelo, Nico"

Nico's POV

I walked towards the hat and copied Annabeth, placing the hat on my head. 

'ANOTHER demigod? Hm, that's interesting...'

'...'

'You don't talk much, do you.... Can I look through some memories to find hwere to put you, if you won't talk?'

I smirked

'Ok'

The hat became silent for a second, before gasping comically. It didn't even bother to speak in my head....

"BY THE FOUNDERS, WHAT HORRORS, WHAT HORRORS!!? GRYFFINDOR, GRYFFINDOOOOOOR!!!"

I smirked again before taking the hat off my head and placing it on the stool. The hall was silent before whispering broke out. I saw the red table gesture for me, so I went to sit there. 

Once again, the lady stepped forwards. 

"Grace, Jason!"

Hello! I am making this in two (maybe more) chapters... I reaaally need to do my homework......

Anyway, I'm going to be adding in another Fandom soon!!!! I would appreciate it if you would vote for which you would like in the comments! 

Here are the possible choices! 

Avengers

DC (Young Justice)

Tokyo Ghoul

Danny Phantom

Naruto

Rise of the Guardians (Maybe, still debating)

Other (Tell me a Fandom, maybe I'll have time to watch the whole thing (so shows/animes only... I'm not going to spend like 20 dollars on a book just because of some request online...) 

(Just saying.... I reealllly appreciate comments or feedback........)

P.S: I just saw Your Lie In April for the first time and I'm crying inside!!!!

:'(

P.P.S: I wrote this chapter while I was supposed to be writing 2 essays.... heh...