Chapter 2: The Burrow

I forgot, in this fanfiction, it is the year after the 7 defeat Gaea (same plot as the books, for now I'm not changing anything there) and also the year after Harry defeated Moldywart (excuse me *cough* *cough* VOLDEMORT) Any major characters that died are still alive.

~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV

Bright emerald green eyes opened up and blinked. Harry reached over and picked up his glasses; after positioning them on his nose, the bedroom became noticably easier to see.

"Harry dear, are you up yet?" Mrs. Weasley Inquired softly from outside the door to the room himself and Ron shared. Harry yawned.

"Yes Mrs. Weasley." Harry sat up and absentmindedly rubbed his scar. 

"Breakfast is ready, please come down while it is still warm."

"Thank you." Harry got out of bed and stretched. As he changed out of his nightware and into more appopriate clothes for the day, he conteplated what Lupin had sent him the previous night.

~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~

An old screech owl flew through the window and landed on the table where the weasleys and co. were currently eating dinner. It stuck out its leg and Ron untied the letter.

"Its addressed to Harry 'Mione and me." Hermione scoffed at his grammer skills but otherwise didn't press. 

"What does it say?" 

"Dear Mr. Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Harry Potter,

         Due to the events last year, you are to complete your final year at hogwarts this year. I heard there are going to be some exchange students. I hope to see you during the schoolyear! When and where exactly... That is for you to find out.

                          ~Remus Lupin"

"Ya know, I'm actually quite glad to be goin' back to Hogwarts this year." Ron stated. Harry silently agreed, it would be a nice change to go to school wihout having to worry about anything but your schoolwork... and not immensely powerful snake-faced phsycos...

~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK END~~~~~~~~~~

Harry smiled and went downstairs, having finished changing. As he neared the bottom of the staircase, he could hear early morning ruckus and conversation. When he got into the kitchen, sat down, and got himself some bacon, Mrs. Weasley made an announcement.

"Today we are going to be going to Diagon Alley to buy your school books and such."

Harry's smile became impossibly wider. While it was great to hear that he was going back to Hogwarts, doing something that ensured they could go made it all the more real, and exciting.