You Wont Miss Me

had  to re publish, accidentally lost it

Slowly but surely people began to detach and untangle themselves from each other, arms dropping from the waist of a friend. One girl and one boy had not joined the group moment. Wendy was still bent over Gray, doing her best to heal a teammate, but after her fight with Cana had almost completely drained her the effect of her magic was slow and barely there. 

"Here" a sweet voice said, bringing her from her trance and and gently nudging her to the side. 

"Is Gray going to be okay?" Juvia asked, the absence of the sama not going unnoticed, especially by Lucy. 

"He will be in a second, but it's going to take a little more than Virgo's star spell this time" Lucy told them. 

At this point Makarov had gone to inform the magic council on the happenings of the evening and Gajeel, jet and Droy had moved Zerefs remains to an empty room meant for storage. they had come back before Lucy began to chant. 

"Stars in the heavens, Magic on the earth, Fear in the underworld. I pray to you, as Lucy Heartfilia, Protector to you, Guardian to them, descendant of magic, Look upon one Gray Fullbuster and his sufferings. Lend me thy power of life and health to instill upon the soul of him. Shine on me, and heal. Salvum Illum." 

Her magical presence shot up like a rocket, the pressure causing a ringing sensation in some of the younger members ears. A large magic circle, golden like the sun, though if you asked Gray he would have said it was far more like Lucy's eyes, formed under them. A kind of wind picked up blowing about everyone's hair and Lucy with Gray's head on her lap was encased in a large spiral of vibrant primary and secondary colours that whipped around them quickly . Lucy gazed lovingly down on Gray who's eyes were open and gradually regaining their life. As Gray took his first deep breath in, the wind and spiraling suddenly paused, like a tape put on slow motion, caught in the air of time. They were instead incased by a cylinder rainbow colours like when your watering the garden and it catches the light and then even that faded and everything was normal. 

"Lucy" Gray said softly. "You're okay." 

She nodded, tears brimming her eyes, hold his face in her right hand as he lightly caressed her chin with his left. Lucy wanted to kiss him. And it was that which made her come to her senses as her eyes darted around looking for Juvia in the crowd. She was staring, heartbreak clear in her eyes but there was also clear happiness in looking on to her friend, in love and content. Juvia didn't know what she was feeling so she just nodded, allowing what was meant to happen to happen. Grays hand left her chin seeing this, and curled round the back of her neck pulling her in and locking his lips onto hers passionately. It was different from last time. Last time it had been messy, overwhelmed with too much emotion. He had been happy and relieved and worried and angry and in love and longing, so much longing. There wasn't that much in this one. It was clean and simple. All that went into it was love. Pure unprocessed love. Lucy felt him smile into her lips and didn't hold back more tears. The tears on the other hand were messy. She was going to have to break his heart again. 

Too quickly the rest of Fairy Tail began to rejoice at their victory and the new found romance, and they began clapping along to the kiss which ended, Lucy being the first to pull gently away. Gray smiled around at his friends, Cana clearly teasing him with raised eyebrows and a smirk. Natsu offered a clenched fist which he bumped happily and Erza looked to be in a slight state of shock, but happy all the same. And then he saw Levy, who was looking over to Lucy, her head cocked to the side in confusion and concern clear on her face. Lucy had her face in her hands as she bawled quietly. The louder the guild hall celebrated the more hysterical she got.  

"Lucy?" He asked, placing his hand lightly on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" 

She flung herself on him, arms wrapped firmly around his neck in a hug that took him by surprise. The guild hall began to quieten again and they all looked to their Nakama who cried and cried.