Chapter 17

"So where do you wanna go to get the ring?" Dean drove with one hand and glanced at Sam and Cas every so often, shifting his eyes from them to the road.

      "I don't know, she always talks about going to Tiffany's," Sam stared out the window not all that interested in the conversation, " maybe we could start there.

      "Yeah okay," Deans kept shifting towards Sam, "You good dude?"

    "What? Yeah, yeah I'm fine," Sam sat up and cleared his throat.

     "Sam, I may not know you very well, but hiding your feelings is not a skill you posses," Cas stared at him with his lips pursed, Sam just stared back at him with his eyebrows up and his mouth open a little as if he was about to say something.

      Dean adjusted his hands on the wheel and cleared his throat, "Umm what I think Cas was trying to say, "he cleared his throat again and glared at Cas through the rear view mirror, "is uh, we can tell how your um emotions shifted."

     Sam shrugged and faked a little laugh, "I'm good guys, seriously." He pointed up the street a little, "Turn up right here, then it's at the end of the road." Sam pulled out his cellphone and texted Jess "Hey babe" he immediately got a text back "Hey cutie" he smiled and sighed a deep breath of relief texting back "I Love You". They pulled into the parking lot of Tiffany & Co. and Sam put his phone in his pocket and practically jumped out of the car before they even found a parking spot. He was walking so fast it looked like he was running to the front door or maybe it was just his long legs that gave that effect.

    Dean and Cas found a parking place and followed Sam into the store where he was already looking into the glass cases at expensive engagement rings.

     "You see one you think she'll like Sammy?" Dean had his hands in his pocket and was glancing into the cases at the male ring selections.

      Cas walked up behind Dean and half whispered, "Dean I-I have a bad feeling."

     Dean whispered back, "You'll be fine angel eyes."

     Before Cas could say another word Dean walked over to Sam who was starring in awe at a beautiful white gold 2 carat ring. "Dean, this one it-it's perfect."

    "Well that was faster than I thought" Dean smirked, then called for someone to help them with the pricing.

    Cas was just staring at the plain promise rings glancing at Dean every so often. A perky woman with red hair walked up to Cas, "May I help you sir?"

      Cas squinted a little, "Why? Do I look like I am troubled?"

      The bright green eyed lady smiled, showing her perfectly straight white teeth. "Well any man as love struck as you must be a little troubled."

    Cas once again confused, "L-love struck? No-I-It's," He just stopped trying to communicate hearing nothing but mixed words and gibberish come out of his mouth.

     The woman giggled a little, "Here why don't I show you some rings, I assume you're looking for promise rings right?"

     Cas just stared down at the rings and pointed to a set of plain silver promise rings.

     Sam and Dean were too busy trying to guestimate Jessica's size to pay any attention to what Cas was doing. When they were done Cas was just standing at the counter talking to the redhead and a new girl, she was brunette and had slight dimples.

     "Dean cleared his throat as he approached the counter, "You ready Cas? Sam finally bought one."

     Cas nodded and headed for the door hands in his trench coat pockets, the girls at the counter giggled, "Bye Castiel," they said in sync. Cas turned half way and waved. Sam chuckled and shook his head, Dean only glared. Deans reaction made the girls point and smile at him and they whispered to each other as they three men walked to their car.

     "Wow Dean looks like you got some competition," Sam had to duck into the car to avoid hitting his head.

    Dean faked a smile and slammed the door, he adjusted the mirror and turned on the radio, then drove out of the parking lot quickly.

      "If I didn't know better, I'd say you almost seem jealous," Sam was laughing and glancing back and forth from Cas to Dean.

     "Jealous? Really Sam? What could I possibly seem jealous about?" Dean gripped the steering wheel. "If I'm not mistaken Cas has someone, and really shouldn't be flirting with girls."

     Cas popped his head over the seat, "I do not believe I was partaking in any flirtations Dean, those ladies were giving me some helpful advice on my relationship, thankyou very much."

    There was a long silence as Sam looked at them then shook it off, he pulled out his phone, there was no message back from Jess. He grew nervous and his stomach tightened into a knot, "Dean you think you can hurry."

     They pulled up to Sam's apartment and Sam could see a silhouette of Jess through the window, he sighed another breath of relief and unbuckled.

    "Shit, dude I just realized Cas and I didn't get nice shirts," Dean didn't turn off the car.

     Sam hopped out onto the sidewalk, "there's a JC Penny's down the street, I'll tell Jess you guys got wrong sizes and had to go back."

     Dean looked at his watch, "We'll be back in 15 tops." Cas hopped in the front seat and Sam shut the door as they drove off.