Chapter 6

Cas and Dean lay there in eachothers arms in Dean's bed, Cas' head on Dean's chest. By this time they had both put their pants back on.

    "Dean, can I tell you something?" Cas said picking his head up and looking at Dean, a little nervous.

   "By now, you should be able to tell me anything," Dean said smiling and letting out a little chuckle.

    "Well, that was.... My first time, doing anything of the sexual sort," Cas blushing hard, he looked up at Dean to see if he was going to make fun of Cas, but he didn't, he just sat up.

    "What? Cas you're telling me you've never done oral before?" Dean laughed and shook his head. "You could have fooled me, blue eyes."

     Cas smiled looking proud of himself, and embarrassed at the same time. "What about you Dean, have you ever done this sort of thing?" He cocked his head to the side a little, in a questioning look.

     Dean lay back down and put his arm around Cas, as he lay his head on Cas'. "With a guy? No, but I have been with women before."

    Cas didn't mind he knew Dean liked women, but he was nervous that Dean would just leave this as a one night stand. Cas was hoping he and Dean could have a relationship. He knew it was a stupid thing for him to think, but he couldn't help but imagine what a relationship with the green eyed man would be like.

    Dean got up and Cas immediately snapped out of his daydream. Dean walked to his closet and grabbed out his bong and a Mason jar with weed in it. He walked over towards the window and opened it.

    "I figured we would smoke inside, it is way too cold for me outside right now," Dean packed the bong and took a hit, "You want a hit, blue eyes?"

    Cas thought about it for a minute, then walked over towards the window with Dean. Cas wasn't familiar with the bong, because last time he used a pipe, but Dean showed him. The bong burned Cas' throat much more that the pipe.

      Cas looked around Dean's room, it was not plain like Cas'. There were posters from various rock bands all over the walls, and there was a couple of pictures of Dean and who he assumed was Sam, in picture frames on his dresser and nightstand. Cas walked over to one of the pictures and picked it up.

     "This is Sam?" Cas walked over to Dean.

     Dean handed the bong to Cas, who took another hit, letting out a small cough, "Yeah, that's my Sammy."

      Cas was getting curious about Dean and what his family was like. There was a long silence as unforgiven by Metallica played in the background. Dean just stared at the photograph with a sad longing look in his eyes.

    Cas broke the silence, "tell me about him"

     Dean looked up and his eyes brightened a little, as he half grinned, "What do you wanna know?"

    Cas handed the bong back to Dean, who set it in the window seal. Cas walked to Deans bed and sat down, "Everything," he replied.

     Dean walked to the bed and layed down and looked to the ceiling, he guestured for Cas to lay down too.Together they lay on the bed with their knees bent over the edge, their feet still able to touch the ground. "You might wanna get comfy, it's gonna be a long story."

"It all started when Sammy was six months old, our mother died in a fire in Sammy's nursery. I heard my father yell and I jumped out of bed to Sam's room, all I saw was the flames, and man, I could feel the heat. All I heard was Sam crying, my dad handed Sam to me and ordered me to take him downstairs, we barely got out in time. After that I felt like Sammy was completely my responsibility, my father was always out going, God knows where, I don't remember him ever telling us where he was going. We moved from town to town, new schools, old clothes, no food. I didn't mind it all that much, but I knew it wasn't the life Sam wanted or deserved. I tried my best to keep him safe, but he and my father clashed so often, and I couldn't pick sides. Sammy was my little brother and I needed to protect him, but ever since the fire I've done everything my father told me. So I came up with a compromise, I'd get in the middle right before my dad would get violent, and I'd take the beatings for Sammy. It was like that anytime my father was home, and it got worse when Sam ran off to college. Man my dad was pissed, I let Sam run away on my watch. My dad damn near beat me to death, then left like always. It was off and on getting kicked out of school, moving, checking on Sammy without him knowing. Until about two years ago, I convinced Sam to visit for the weekend. That was a mistake though, we all three got into a pretty bad car wreck and the next thing I know, we're in the hospital and Sammy and I were okay. But my dad, he... didn't make it." Dean stared at the ceiling with a blank look on his face, no emotions, staring off as if to be having flashbacks.

     "I-I'm so sorry Dean, I did not mean to bring up bad memories," Cas voice and facial expression was apologetic.

     "Ah It's all good, I'm just glad Sammy was okay. It was hard without my dad, but if that were to have been Sammy, I don't know if I were be able to live with myself knowing I let him get hurt. After the wreck he took a while off from school and we moved up here. I convinced him to go back and now he's at Stanford becoming the best damn lawyer that's ever lawed." Dean smiled proudly at the thought of Sammy in a courtroom in a suit with a briefcase. "We always joked about if I would ever get arrested I would need him to represent me," Dean laughed and rolled over to his side.

    Cas wasn't sure what to say, he was good at listening, but not good at saying things to make someone feel better. He just rolled over on his side to face Dean, Dean smiled and Cas returned it. They just lay there and let the sound of Californiacation take them away.