Chapter 22

They reached a little gas station in the town of Oasis, Nevada about two hours later, just about to reach Utah. Dean parked in front of a gas pump Sam was curled up in the back seat hugging one of Deans jackets in his sleep.
"I'm going to pay, want anything Cas?" Dean reached into the glove box and pulled out a wad of cash.. he only took 1/4 of it.
"No, I think I'm okay," Cas said closing the glovebox as Dean shut the door to the Impala. Cas was curious and looked through Dean's glovebox, all he found was money, old check stubs, a small pistol, bullets, and a stick of gum. He closed the door, it seemed like exactly what Dean would have in his glovebox from what Cas knew about him, he only expected it to be locked.
               There was a sudden knock on the drivers side window that made Castiel jump a little, but it was only Dean smiling with a handful of Slim Jim's.
         "Check this out!" He said holding a giant grin on his face and half biting his tongue, "the guy said they were about to expire so I had to take them all for like 90% off! I didn't  even know Slim Jim's could expire." Dean looked so pleased with himself and he threw them next to Cas while he pumped the gas.
Cas liked the fact that something so stupid could please Dean even when he was having a bad day. Cas felt inside his pocket to make sure the rings were still there. He panicked about the thought that Dean would think that it was too much too fast. He thought about what he would say about it just being a symbol of their secret, but he thought about if Dean was over it or if Dean meant nothing by it. He thought about Sammy's reaction if he finds out, or all the question the mark on Deans arm would bring. As Dean got back in the car Castiel's sad facial expression turned into a fake happy one. He sluggishly grinned at Dean and Dean smiled back, but he soon realized it was Cas' fake smile.
"Everything okay?" He narrowed his eye brows and started the car. He looked at Cas before pulling out of the parking lot.
"What?" Cas shook out of it, "yes Dean I am fine if that's what you're asking."
Dean was quickly up to speed limit. "You just look a little down is all," he glanced at Cas before actually looking at the road in front of him.
Cas didn't want to make things uncomfortable or seem like he was clingy. " Dean I told you I'm fine."
They weren't that far from the gas station they were just at, but Dean pulled over at a rest stop, "I'm sure you have to use the bathroom by now?" Cas shook his head. Dean cleared his throat, "Cas you need to use the bathroom don't you?" Cas took the hint and got out of the car. Sam was still lying in the backseat sleeping like a rock. They walked to a small corner of the building that was closed off from everyone, even though the place was obviously abandoned. "Okay now I'm gonna ask again, is everything okay Cas?" Dean's voice sent butterflies into Castiel's stomach.
            "Dean this really is not necessary, I told you I'm fine." Cas started to walk away, but Dean grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back and pushed him against the wall. He looked as Cas' eyes then at his lips. He leaned in to kiss Cas and Cas met him half way. Dean pushed him against the wall and thrusted into him.
           Dean pulled away and asked Cas again, "is everything still okay?" He starred into Cas' eyes that seemed to hold the entire universe in them.
           With his blue eyes twinkling, Cas blinked, "Yes Dean that reassured me." He started to walk away again, but. Dean pulled him back again.
            "Reassured you?" Dean asked, " when were you ever unsure?" Cas stayed quiet and looked at the ground. "Cas are you unsure about me? Are you unsure about us?" Deans voice had changed from worried, to hurt, to a mixture of both.
           "I was never unsure of you Dean, but I never know if you feel the same way." Cas glanced up at Dean then immediately looked back down to his feet.  "You're so hard to read Dean," Castiel's voice was deep, but soft enough to show he really meant what he said and he was embarrassed to admit it.
           Dean brought Cas' eyes back up to his, he starred at them for what seemed like forever. "Cas I-" he finally broke the silence, " I'm not trying to make you feel like I don't like you, it's just hard to show anything with all this going on." He reached out and put his hand on Castiel's face, with a few fingers under his chin, making sure Cas didn't break eye contact.
"Yes I know Dean," Cas pulled away just a little, "that is exactly why I didn't want to say anything." He reached into his pocket, "look Dean I know it's hard to show me how you feel while shielding it from everyone else, especially with the angel and demon surveillance on us, so I.." he stammered as his heart beat fast and it got harder to breathe. " he pulled out the rings and showed them to Dean. "I want these to remind us that even though we don't show it, we still are thinking of each other in certain ways."
Dean grinned in such a flirty way, "Cas I-I don't know what to say, they're... perfect." He put the ring on and leaned in to kiss Cas. "It's kind of like we're married now huh," he smiled and hovered over Cas' lips in a seductive way and pushed his body hard up against Cas' making Cas moan a little, "shouldn't we consummate it or something?" He stayed close to Cas' lips, the smallest move from either of them and their lips would collide. Cas swallowed and tried to speak, but nothing came out.
They heard the door to the Impala squeak open, "Dean?" Sam called out, "Dean? Cas? Where are you guys?" Cas and Dean pulled apart and Dean walked around the corner first.
"What the hell Dean where were you?" Sam walked passed him, " never mind I gotta pee."
Dean Called out to him right before he reached the corner Cas was at, " Sam that way is the girls restrooms." He was just trying to keep Sam from seeing Cas.
"Then why were you over here?" Sam grinned, "never mind it makes sense," he laughed at his joke and continued walking, Dean expected him to run into Cas, but he just disappeared around the corner.
Cas walked to the passenger side door and got in. " Dean whipped his head around the found Cas and his messy hair going to sit down. He got in and looked at Cas with confusion all over his face.
"Angels teleport remember Dean?" Cas half smiled and buckled up. He saw the ring on Deans finger and it sent butterflies right back into his stomach.
When Dean saw the ring on Cas' finger it gave his the same butterflies. Dean smiled at Cas and starred at the hand he wanted to be holding. "What if Sam asks?"
"I can tell him I was married before?" Cas shrugged his shoulders trying to remember life before he remembered he was an angel, he didn't remember even being a human. The angels extracted the fake memories they implanted into his head about the life he had before he had met Dean Winchester.
"Yeah that works until we tell him, and I'll say that it's an authentic ring that Led Zeppelin wore or something." He shrugged and watched as Sam got back into the car.
"Oh hey Cas, where were you?" Sam buckled up and grabbed a Slim Jim off the seat in front of him.
"I was making sure no one was following us." Cas said as the engine started and Dean pulled out the the parking lot. Dean looked back at San in the rear view mirror and saw Sam smiling, he wasn't sure why, but he was happy to see his Sammy happy. Everything was going good for Dean right now, and it kind of put an uneasy feeling in his stomach, but he tried to embrace the happiness.
"Lawrence, Kansas here we come." He turned up the radio and let Led Zeppelin's "let the good times roll" flooded the car.